Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark IV Review

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    isopropyl alcohol.

Sorry If I confused anyone. NO, it doesn't degrade.. It actually continues to cure, just takes longer with regular ambient light (depending on conditions..)

Post Thanks / Like
    Neat! I just expect this forum to be flooded with pics, tips n tricks with the Morpheus once they start to arrive to all of you soon

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AngryPanda -now that I am buying resin for my Mark iv I wonder how may liters of resin did you use for a normal print and how many will someone need if they are going to use the entire capacity -13 inches?
    Did you use different resins and how did you clean the resin container when switching from one to the other? Or do we need to buy multiple resin containers for different resins as it is suggested with other sla printers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true!

Also each resin has different finishes (elastic resin, solid strong resin, castable resin, different colors resins....)

I know TOW mentioned they would work on an easy way to switch/store different "unused" tanks with remaining resins but I dont know how to store them properly? On a fridge? How?

5. Likes AngryPanda liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi acnow,

My experience with with the Mark IV is not through my own personal use, (I haven't actually received mine yet.. , still waiting for after Lunar New Year holidays..)

What I can tell you is that I was there with TOW in California at an exhibition and got to see/review their demo unit hands on. (that's where the pictures were taken for the review I posted.)

The prints I saw the unit making were multiples of the Rook (Green one in the pix) and after that they started the large Cathedral print. I'm not sure how much it uses/requires for prints as I think that will very depending on the prints you are making.. suffice it to say; the larger the print, the more "juice" required. I did notice they were able to fit approx. 2 full bottles in the resin tank at once, but I don't think that it's necessary unless you are doing some SERIOUSLY long prints that require a bunch of resin. The unit seems to function pretty efficiently in how it uses the materials.

As for multiple materials, unless you have another resin tank, you'll definitely have to clean it if you are switching resins.. (whether different color or properties..)
    but I dont think that's anything different from any other resin based printer.
    The resin that TOW was using was MakerJuice G+. How they were cleaning the prints was with an IPA mix (as stated above) and using a squirtbottle to rinse the prints off when completed to remove the excess resin.
    I would presume the same would be done for switching out resins in the tank. Unless instructed otherwise, I'm just planning on dumping the unused portion of resin back in to a bottle and storing it for next time I use it.. (On a related note to that, I'm not sure what the proper procedures are supposed to be for storing/reusing resins.. I'm going off of ASSumptions but will have to do my own research for that..)

I hope that helps some?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

One of the conversations I had with TOW during the exhibition I attended, SJ stated they are experimenting with a bunch of different types of resin and were also going to try for muilticolor prints.. (He didn't elude to whether or not that was with the MarkIV or not.. since I understand they are also developing the "Jr." Morpheus in the lab.. )
    I also was told they are working on developing their own unique resin as well.. not sure of any details on that though..
    Last edited by AngryPanda; 02-11-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: meant to reply added content to another post.

7. Thanks Skinny Kid thanked for this post
    Likes Skinny Kid liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @angrypanda, thanks for your comments! They are very helpful! I have now a clearer picture about the amount of resin. I guess I'll be buying a few squirt bottles and a few bottles of Makerjuice G+...

Post Thanks / Like
    So rinsing with IPA and water "disolves" resin? just the supports? I dont get it... how does the fluid know which resin is "removable"? lol the thinier?

We need a proper "how to" for dummies on this new field "resin printing"

Or at least postprocessing techniques howto!

10. Likes AngryPanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw this is an interesting 50micron print from friend Mitch Gates on a Form1:

12. Thanks Skinny Kid thanked for this post
    Likes Skinny Kid liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont think of it as dissolving the resin. And really, it only washes down the UNCURED portion. The part about supports is no different from any other 3d printing method really... its break it off, and clean up the attached area. Speaking from my own experience, the smaller the attachment point for the supports, the easier it is to clean up. Some software will let you tweak the size/point of attachment.. You kinda have to play it a bit to get it right sometimes.. taking the default always works, but there's usually some clean up at the point of attachment.

And I agree.. a "how to" would be fantastic!

- - - Updated - - -

That shrunken head looks great! you should get the STL file and try to duplicate it with the MarkIV!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone here received any news about a date when their Mark IV is going to ship?