Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been having some issues with prints.. I wonder if you guys can share some tips. For example, my models have not been sticking to the base panel that goes up and down and of course they came out with some bending problems.. Question: what do I have to do on this regard so that files come out stuck to the Base and don't bend?
    2. I printed this file the first time with support but now it is very difficult to remove the support and also very difficult to distinguish the support area from the material of the model.. is there a setting on the Creation Workshop that will help me differentiate better both types of printing materials? Thanks in advance!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Acnow,
    Can you tell us what your slice config settings are in CW?

Post Thanks / Like
    acnow,

I was having the same "unsticking" issue at first prints... the only trick that works for me is to apply some pressure against the film when twisting the screws of the Z axis plate.

Re the supports, its weird what u mention bc the typical supports CWS use are the pin type ie only a small point (pin) touches the actual item and that should be easy to distinguish??

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @angrypanda.. I have attached here a picture of the settings..
    @bolsoncerrado.. thanks a lot for the tip!.. did you push and pressure before you put the resin? does the resin have to cover the base?
    In regard to the support.. there is a section on the Creation Workshop that you can create a support underneath the model.. you have a few options..one to make the support like nails (pins) but also to make it plain.. I did mine plain and my model is a frame (which is a plain) too. So I wasn't sure how to distinguish both or if what I think is the plain support part is the model itself.. I guess it would help to find some explanation about this in the manual but I didn't find anything.. what do you think?Slice Settings.jpg

5. Likes sukhvir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You put the resin first, then move the Z axis with the plate in it until the film makes the Z axis move freely upwards the screws a bit. Then you push downwards towards the film and towards you to secure the screws as firmly as possible. Of course, do not put overpressure versus the film so you'll break / loose it!

Then move -10 / +10 the Z axis 3 times so the resin flows freely over and down the plate before you launch the print. Just be sure to NOT hit the wrong direction and apply MORE MOTOR PRESSURE to the film!!

I'll try to do a videotutorial next time I launch a print. I got more brand new J+ resin today, just thinking what to print next, however I want to be sure I know how to calculate the "right" amount of resin so I don't burn out many uncured resin unnecessarily :/

I'm feeling a bit "alone" here and TOW is a bit missing in action lately....

7. Thanks AngryPanda thanked for this post
    Likes AngryPanda liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot @bolsoncerrado -I didn't do the step -10 / 10+ .. I will update you on this. A video tutorial would be great. We are visual creatures after all

9. Likes bolsoncerrado liked this post