Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I'm not as techie (codewise) as you guys appear to be, however can follow instructions and get the desired results. I also have a Pi arriving tomorrow and this would be a great use for it. Can you show us photos of how you hooked up the Pi to the arduino inside your Morpheus? I'll try not to pester you guys but I'm really excited to try this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    You dont need to mess with the insides of the Morpheus at this time yet... Just plug the Pi HDMI to the Morph HDMI and the Pi USB to the Morph USB and that should be it.

Anyone knows where's TOW?!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    You dont need to mess with the insides of the Morpheus at this time yet... Just plug the Pi HDMI to the Morph HDMI and the Pi USB to the Morph USB and that should be it.

Anyone knows where's TOW?!
    Got a mail from SJ this morning: "Please wait for a while, my staffs will get back to you with appropriate info."

Post Thanks / Like
    So @woale whats the "connection" order for the Raspi, Morpheus and the HDMI?

You turn on the Morpheus, then plug the Raspi to the power outlet, then the HDMI to the Raspi?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    So @woale whats the "connection" order for the Raspi, Morpheus and the HDMI?

You turn on the Morpheus, then plug the Raspi to the power outlet, then the HDMI to the Raspi?
    Theoretically, the Raspi and Morpheus could stay "connected", without any power on sequence to respect... which is why I'll try to power the Raspi via the 5V VCC from the Ramps board.

But, this morning I had inconsistencies with the LCD (layers blinking for seconds), which I haven't figured out yet (hardware or software).

The Speed/Actuator/Motor settings are all almost set. More to share tomorrow (I hope).

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Speed / Actuator / Motor settings!

Here are the actuator related settings I've been using, under Tab 'Setup', 'Hardware Setup', where you define a Printer ;
    Speed (which don't matter much, since we'll be using Gcode):
    - Max Speed (micron/sec) : 3000
    - Min Speed : 1000
    - Motor Startup Speed : 100
    Actuator / Motor (only used for manually moving the buildplate under Tab 'Z-Axis Calibration'... @AngryPanda, look out for those 50mm buttons ):
    - Motor Step Angle : 1.8
    - Microstep : 16
    - Leadscrew Pitch (mm) : 2

These Printer Setup related Gcode I found useful ;
    - Execute - Start of Print , and End of Print:
    Code:
    date "+@ %T:%N"
    - GCode - Start of Print:
    Code:
    ; SoP [[SyscallResult]]
    G21 ; set to mm
    G91 ; set to relative
    M17 ; enable steppers
    - Gcode - End of Print:
    Code:
    ; EoP [[SyscallResult]]
    M107 ; led off
    G1 Z6.9 F250 ; move up
    M18 ; disable steppers
    - Gcode - Shutter Open:
    Code:
    M106 S240 ; led on
    - Gcode - Shutter Close:
    Code:
    M107 ; led off
    Be sure to keep 'Movement GPIOs', 'Shutter', 'Projector Connection' and 'Hardware Fault Detection' in Disabled, and don't forget to hit "Submit".

The next version of nanoDLP will also contain a "GCode - At bootup" field, but for now I created a "Customized Button" (under Tab 'Setup') to initialize the RAMPS board with following GCode:
    Code:
    ; init
    G21 ; set to mm
    G91 ; set to relative
    G1 F250 ; set speed

Note:
    I haven't printed yet with nanoDLP, so we'll need to figure out the correct GCode/settings in 'Printer Profile' to move the buildplate between layers.

7. Thanks AngryPanda thanked for this post
    Likes AngryPanda liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Morpheus LCD screen blanking.... HEEEEEELLLLPPP

The one and only reason I haven't been printing yet with nanoDLP, is the Morpheus LCD screen is behaving very inconsistent... the screen simply "blanks" from time to time, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for seconds, and other times I need to boot the RPi and Morpheus before I can get anything on the LCD screen again.

I've been trying all sorts of HDMI settings (via tvservice command, and via alternative modes in /boot/config.txt), other connection sequences, different RPi power supplies, HDMI cables, .... and I'm running out of options, time and patience

Could someone please verify if same behavior is observed by removing the buildplate+vat and running some test prints (like a Calibration Plate), or display the Projector Calibration image : experiencing some "blanking" as well ? The screen doesn't power off, or doesn't go into power saving mode, nor does it loose HDMI signal.... the image simply goes away (=black screen).

9. Likes SJ_Park liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @woale are you already into the powering-everything-from-ramps mode or are you still using power sources to power raspi alone for now?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @woale are you already into the powering-everything-from-ramps mode or are you still using power sources to power raspi alone for now?
    Still powering raspi from separate USB source.

12. Thanks sukhvir thanked for this post
    Likes sukhvir, SJ_Park liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Nailed the blanking

Woooohoooo!

Finally fixed the LCD blanking issue... turns out the RPi (various models) don't cope very well the EDID info from the Morpheus LCD screen.
    Obtained the Morpheus LCD driver board datasheet from TOW, and figured out 1080p mode is only possible with 50Hz and 59.94Hz vertical timing frequency (not the 60Hz which RPi prefers).

So, spent a whole day to try setup custom CVT modes to obtain 59.94 Hz (like Windows 10 does with default EDID info)... but eventually had to satisfy with 50Hz.

This is the /boot/config.txt options that work for me, allowing an HDMI CEA standard of 1920x1080 @ 50Hz Progressive ;
    Code:
    disable_overscan=1
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_drive=2
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=31
    Minimal installation instructions post (first page) updated accordingly

Tomorrow, printing trials with nanoDLP!
    Last edited by woale; 04-04-2016 at 07:27 PM.

14. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Likes bolsoncerrado, SJ_Park liked this post