Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    Re the lift gcode the original CWS gcode had...

;********** Lift Sequence ********
    M107
    G1{$SlideTiltVal != 0? X$SlideTiltVal:} Z($ZLiftDist * $ZDir) F{$CURSLICE < $NumFirstLayers?$ZBottomLiftRate:$ZLiftRate}
    G1{$SlideTiltVal != 0? X($SlideTiltVal * -1):} Z(($LayerThickness-$ZLiftDist) * $ZDir) F$ZRetractRate
    ;<Delay> %d$BlankTime
    ;********** Lift Sequence **********

is this not used anymore on NanoDLP?
    Nope, you can simply copy the GCode mentioned in the first post, and past in a "print profile".

And once all settings "cloned" from your setup, how do you load and "slice" the file then print it?
    You load by adding a "plate", and selecting the "profile". As of nanoDLP build 1165, also STL files can be imported.
    Then, when you hit submit, nanoDLP will slice into layers. And when your buildplate is correctly positioned, you can "Print From Start" the plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    acnow are you on windows? you just need an LAN IP scanner to find out which is the IP assigned to your raspi and access your nanoDLP OR try accessing this link and see if it's detected:

http://www.nanodlp.com/dashboard

Post Thanks / Like
    @woale thanks for the startup tutorial then I just updated to the latest nanoDLP as well, nice move to accept STLs

What about the support system? Does nanoDLP auto-add them on the fly?

Im awaiting current print to finish and test nanoDLP! Cant wait!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the support system? Does nanoDLP auto-add them on the fly?
    In the current latest build version (1165), nanoDLP doesn't generate support. Better use meshmixer for support.
    Otherwise, suggest it to shanon of nanoDLP on his forum

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acnow View Post
    @woale.. It will be nice to have a video tutorial of the entire process... For example... Once I installed those settings you shared at the beginning i cannot access my raspberry pi via putty client with the old ip -or browser. If I need to change the resolution settings of the screen remote access is needed here.. Tomorrow I will get a memory adapter to erase and install everything again -but I think a video will help people the best.. Thanks in advance !!
    Sorry mate, I don't see any free time soon or spare material to put the installation on video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by woale View Post
    In the current latest build version (1165), nanoDLP doesn't generate support. Better use meshmixer for support.
    Otherwise, suggest it to shanon of nanoDLP on his forum

You mean to feed nanoDLP with a support-filled file then? Hmmm, i'll have to look into that. I guess Simplify3D supports are not the best for resin printers right?

As for nanoDLP it seems they're already working on it: http://www.nanodlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20

Post Thanks / Like
    @woale did you create the "morpheus printer" on MeshMixer? Mind sharing the settings?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @woale did you create the "morpheus printer" on MeshMixer? Mind sharing the settings?
    My meshmixer is still on the default replicator2 platform. I don't recall having to set any specific settings.

9. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I now have the nanoDLP up and working with the Morpheus, at least Z moves up and down.

QUestion: is the PROJECTORS tab supposed to work? I hit on Display the different patterns but nothing appears on the monitor. Is that normal? I'm connecting using HDMI obiously, but the Projector settings on nanoDLP is set to Disabled rather than HDMI code on/off.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUestion: is the PROJECTORS tab supposed to work? I hit on Display the different patterns but nothing appears on the monitor. Is that normal? I'm connecting using HDMI obiously, but the Projector settings on nanoDLP is set to Disabled rather than HDMI code on/off.
    Indeed, the calibration patterns are expected to be shown on the Morpheus screen. But, it's VERY hard to notice when the Morpheus UV light is off, hence try the GCode command "M106" in the terminal to activate the UV lights (hide your resin away ). Then 'Display' a pattern in the 'Projector Calibration' tab. Afterwards, use Gcode command "M107" to put the UV lights off again.

The "Projector Control Type" setting (under Hardware Setup) can stay 'disabled'. It may become useful to put the Morpheus screen into an Energy Savings mode afterwards...

To be sure, did you manage to force the Morpheus Screen resolution in /boot/config.txt (see post #4) ?