Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by woale View Post
    Just tried to drive the Morpheus LCD by RPi3 with nanoDLP, and it works!
    The Pi found the Morpheus LCD as being an "HIF-HID1920X540H_" and runs as [HDMI CEA (16) RGB full 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive.
    can you explain the process after you install the software?
    1. Do I have to connect the raspberry pi to the laptop and the laptop to the printer and from the browser of the laptop I control the printing process?
    2. How do I get the ip that you had in the explanation in the browser?
    3. Let's say that I install the nanodlp software correctly and that I have everything in the browser.. Can I still send the files via the Workshop software to the 3d printer and see the printing process through the browser?
    Thanks in advance!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acnow View Post
    can you explain the process after you install the software?
    1. Do I have to connect the raspberry pi to the laptop and the laptop to the printer and from the browser of the laptop I control the printing process?
    2. How do I get the ip that you had in the explanation in the browser?
    3. Let's say that I install the nanodlp software correctly and that I have everything in the browser.. Can I still send the files via the Workshop software to the 3d printer and see the printing process through the browser?
    Thanks in advance!
    1. Once the RPi is connected to your router (over ethernet/wifi), then you can use a browser on any device (laptop, smartphone, tablet,...) on your local network to controle nanoDLP.
    2. The IP can usually be found in the DHCP 'client list' of your router. Otherwise, http://www.nanodlp.com/dashboard may also detect the RPi with nanoDLP installed.
    3. Any program which alows to export files in (binary) STL/SLC format, preferably with support structures.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also try stuff like a LAN scanner

http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/index2.php

Or something like that.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Once the RPi is connected to your router (over ethernet/wifi), then you can use a browser on any device (laptop, smartphone, tablet,...) on your local network to controle nanoDLP.
    2. The IP can usually be found in the DHCP 'client list' of your router. Otherwise, http://www.nanodlp.com/dashboard may also detect the RPi with nanoDLP installed.
    3. Any program which alows to export files in (binary) STL/SLC format, preferably with support structures.
    Thanks a lot @woale! I have now a better picture of what to do.
    My other questions are in regard to raspberry pi installation inside the printer.. How did you do that?
    Can you share any picture with the arrangement inside the printer? I would love to see how you connected the Raspberry pi there.. I noticed that "@angrypanda mentioned adding a camera to his raspberry pi.. This is for what purpose?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still haven't decided on the exact location of the RPi inside the printer (as HDMI will need to exit somehow)... which is why my RPi is still running outside the printer for now. As for the RPi camera, nanoDLP allows to take still images during the printing process, just for monitoring purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm. also interested in moving the rpi inside and adding a ir camera to it... I'm sure we'll be able to figure out something as there's plenty of space inside.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still haven't decided on the exact location of the RPi inside the printer (as HDMI will need to exit somehow)... which is why my RPi is still running outside the printer for now. As for the RPi camera, nanoDLP allows to take still images during the printing process, just for monitoring purposes.
    Fantastic @woale! Ok.. let me see if I get it right. Do you have the raspberry pi connected to the printer via a hdmi cable.. and then you have the printer connected to the laptop via vg? or the laptop connected to the raspberry pi vi a usb? Thanks in advance!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acnow View Post
    Fantastic @woale! Ok.. let me see if I get it right. Do you have the raspberry pi connected to the printer via a hdmi cable.. and then you have the printer connected to the laptop via vg? or the laptop connected to the raspberry pi vi a usb? Thanks in advance!
    Nope, the RPi is connected to the Morpheus LCD via HDMI and to the Morpheus Arduino via USB. That's it. NanoDLP site is then accessed from your local network.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @acnow, What @woale means is that you will no longer have a monitor to "look at" like the screen on the laptop you currently have attached to the Morpheus. Everything you see/use for the Nano software/settings will then be accessed via web browser once it's all setup... It has it's own web page built in. (Just like the NanoDLP demo that was posted previously in this thread. Then only differences is it will no longer be a "demo" because its now running on the Pi, on YOUR local network in your house. Once you get everything setup, to run a print you will access the web site of the Nano/Pi you setup and will print using that instead. (It takes the place of opening up CWS, loading a file, slicing, printing, etc..) You will just do in via Nano now.

(hope that helps!)

- - - Updated - - -

-----Just realized that I may have misunderstood @acnow's post/question.. looks like you already understood what I posted.. but I figure rather than delete it.. maybe it will help someone else.. *sorry @acnow*..

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, the RPi is connected to the Morpheus LCD via HDMI and to the Morpheus Arduino via USB. That's it. NanoDLP site is then accessed from your local network.
    @woale.. I understand now why it didn't work the first time I installed the nanoDLP. I wonder where do you plug the usb cable from the Pi to the Morpheus Arduino? Any particular port there?