Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given the SuperVat has a frame, may be printing a template that covers it and use woale's system to keep the template pressure over the supervat will do enough.

@sukhvir instead of epoxy i might have used one of those "metal glues" that turn "solder" junctions once dried. The ones that look like solder when in liquid mode i mean.
    But they look awesome! Cant wait to play with mine....if i ever get to print ANYTHING reasonable with the Morpheus!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Sukvir, Thanks for giving credit where its due.. @woale, 1,000 apologies, THANK YOU for your awesome Vat lock down..

Sukvir, on my plate mod, there is a large hollow block that the plate attaches to with machine screws. to attach it to the ball screw mount, I removed the existing screw from the ball mount (which luckily enough matches the threads already in the hollow block,) and I will use a threaded rod between the two. I'll post a picture here shortly as soon as I get it finished.

In looking at your design you posted, where your build plates are attached to your flat mounts (with screws and epoxy,) you could use stand-offs between the two plates and longer screws to lift them up and give you a enough space between the plates (build and mount) so you could use a bolt to come up underneath going into the ball-mount. (Not sure if that description translates through the way I want it to...)

3. Likes woale liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

So this is the partially completed new smaller build plate sitting inside the SuperVat. (I laugh every time I say or write that down.)

Next step is to create crossbars to lock the vat in place with the existing locks.
    I will have to create covers for the open space like suggested to protect the screen.

A potential problem I see with the new metal vat frame is that it is about the same thickness as the LCD cover I just removed with THAT mod.. It also has a layer of acrylic that the replaceable liner sits on top of. (This replaceable liner is the functional equivalent of the Morpheus' curing film its uses now. Much thicker, but same purpose.)
    The liner sits flush and directly on top of the acrylic "window".
    Not exactly sure how well it will facilitate curing the resin by the LCD image. I see this being a huge WIP. (How many ways can we NOT make a light bulb )

Ill post as I go.

5. Thanks sukhvir thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you can use the original red vat stoppers and woale's black vat stoppers to 3dprint something to keep your supervat in place hmmm

looking great so far!

cant wait to see sukhvir's in action too!

7. Thanks AngryPanda thanked for this post
    Likes AngryPanda liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    A printer printing and replicating its own replacement parts... Is this where robots take over the world?..lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the reprap movement yes!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Build plate officially completed... on to the SuperVat adaptation....hmmmmmmuploadfromtaptalk1465927893827.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the bar V shaped in the center or just a visual effect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh just realized the new "screws", good ones! where did you get those? can we replace the original ones on the morpheus? ie, same screw metric?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    just a visual effect..lol.. Camera is tricky.. good eye tho!

- - - Updated - - -

I picked them (screws) up at my local Ace Hardware store. This is new bar altogether so I fitted my own.. they had both Metric and SAE.. just used wing-nuts on the backside with washers.. works pretty good!