Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Built comments/tip and extra parts

Hi All,

I have the build of the semi-assembled Xmas perk done according to the quick start but there are a few things:

1. Does anyone have a link to the video with the build by Jia Jia? I'm wondering how best to route and attach the cables.
    2. I have these two Z Optical Access Locks - they are collars with set screws in them - no idea if I need to put them somewhere
    3. Is anyone else missing the set screws from their cradle me?

A few things are mising from the build guide:

1. There's no instructions for the Cradle Me perk - do the hollow tubes go in the bearings or in the frame?
    2. How to route the filament tube, and the cables?
    3. The frame support legs are not the same :-) You don't find out until you go to attach it to the base. Countersunk holes at the base out.
    4. There are set screws in the z-stepper motors - they have to be backed out to have the Z-Screws fit easily - the quick build says to "position firmly" but you are better to back out the hex screws and drop it in
    5. There should be some instruction to tighten those set screws after setting the Z- screws
    6. The components sections before the builds are not always specific for the number of screw needed and they do not match the names of the supplied bags.
    7. When attaching the uprights, the quickstart says make sure both sides are 73mm - but doesn't state a point to measure from - I assume the from of the lower bracket.

Maybe we can add some of these to the quick guide - otherwise maybe we can sort a few of these things out.

Cheers!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cradle me has only two screws from the bottom. The inside open rods are the tob ones wich are coming in the bearings, the other below , fasten the screws and then Finished. Sorry i forgot what i do by my self i wroted no screws ...
    Last edited by scottyblue77; 12-20-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not finish, the cradle me HAS screws, tiny hex screws under the main rods (non rotating) that you must screw in to tighten the thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clayton View Post
    Hi All,

I have the build of the semi-assembled Xmas perk done according to the quick start but there are a few things:

1. Does anyone have a link to the video with the build by Jia Jia? I'm wondering how best to route and attach the cables.

2. I have these two Z Optical Access Locks - they are collars with set screws in them - no idea if I need to put them somewhere
    ZAxisStop.jpg

3. Is anyone else missing the set screws from their cradle me?
    the cradle me HAS screws, tiny hex screws under the main rods (non rotating) that you must screw in to tighten the thing!

A few things are mising from the build guide:

1. There's no instructions for the Cradle Me perk - do the hollow tubes go in the bearings or in the frame?
    Bearings.

2. How to route the filament tube, and the cables?
    Check the vid

Maybe we can add some of these to the quick guide - otherwise maybe we can sort a few of these things out.
    AFAIk the guide is WIP so im sure they'll sort everything out in the final release hehe

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    May thanks for this Bolsoncerrado - I'm normally better at figuring these things out!

The question is: How are the unassembled people goign to get this thing together?

Post Thanks / Like
    The unasembled part is mostly about the eletronics board being attached to the main box and a few screws and cables connecting here and there, i dont think it is much more difficult, specially if you have to diasseble the extruder completely to rearrange the feeding wheel haha

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recommendation for screws missing from cradle me perk? Nothing labeled as such and no small hex screws in spare parts bag.

Edit: There are 3 small hex screws in the spare parts bag....don't I need 4? 2 per side?
    Last edited by Skinny Kid; 01-14-2015 at 08:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cradle me requires no extra screws, they're already inside the tubes...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are no screws in any part of the cradle set I have. There are four holes in the aluminum side pieces and I have the four tubes (2 hollow and 2 solid). No screws at all.

Feels like the first of many headaches to come......

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 screws you need, every solid tube is fixed from the bottom you see the holes for the screws.