Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LokBuild : (a new) 3D Print Build Surface

LokBuild : 3D Print Build Surface

by Steelmans

The ultimate printing surface for 3D printers. LokBuild provides a durable and stable build surface whilst preventing model warping.

LokBuild is the perfect 3D printing surface for FFF/FDM 3D printers. It adheres to the print bed and prevents model warping whilst providing a durable and stable build surface.

Are you having difficultiesgetting your 3D prints to stick without warping? Struggling to remove your finished model after printing? Tired of messing around with inadequate solutions such as kapton, blue builders tape, hairspray and ABS slurry? LokBuild is the answer!

LokBuild provides the perfect printing surface for 3D models to adhere and also allows completed objects to be removed easily. LokBuild is a durable sheet that sticks to the bed of 3D printers.

We developed LokBuild as we got tired of wasting money on other products that didn't do a good enough job. LokBuild is a high performance solution at an affordable price.

What is LokBuild?

LokBuild is the ultimate 3D printing surface for FFF/FDM 3D printers. It is a long lasting alternative to films and tapes.

Lokbuild comes in two different sizes that can be easily cut to suit the exact shape and size of your 3D printers build surface. LokBuild is made from uniquely textured sheets that attach to your build plate easily with heat-resistant adhesive backing.

LokBuild replaces the need for blue masking tape or polyimide films such as Kapton Tape. It is made from heat-resistant materials to provide a stable build platform for 3D printed models whilst allowing completed models to be removed easily.

PREVENT WARPING with EFFORTLESS MODEL REMOVAL

LokBuild creates an excellent bond between 3D printed models and the build surface while preventing curling and warping. When prints are completed the model can be cleanly removed with minimal effort. This is a vast improvement over the excessive scraping and forcing involved with some of the alternatives.

PROTECTION

Another big advantage of LokBuild is its durable finish. It is very effective at protecting the build plate. It is heat resistant and durable and can be reused for many consecutive prints. You can also use LokBuild with many different types of filament without needing to change the printing surface.

LokBuild's durable surface allows it to significantly outlast tapes and films. With care LokBuild can last for hundreds of prints.

PRINT MATERIALS

LokBuild works for both ABS and PLA so you can switch between materials without the need to change the build surface between prints.

Although LokBuild works well with ABS and PLA it also works with other more exotic materials. We have tested LokBuild with HIPS, PET, ColorFabb XT, ColorFabb XT-Carbon Fibre, Woodfill, Bronzefill, Copperfill, Brassfill and flexible materials such as PolyFlex and Ninjaflex. LokBuild even works with some Polycarbonate materials!

FORGIVING NOZZLE HEIGHT CALIBRATION

A common problem relating to some other similar solutions is the accuracy needed when setting the nozzle height from the bed. Too much distance and the print will peal away or warp easily. Too close and the print will be impossible to remove without damaging the print or build surface. However LokBuild solves this problem. LokBuild is much more forgiving and does not require this level of accuracy making the calibration process much simpler and printing more enjoyable.

EASY TO FIT

If you have ever used tape or films you will know that they are difficult to fit. LokBuild is more rigid and really easy to apply to your build plate. Also it is almost impossible for air bubbles to get trapped beneath the LokBuild surface.
    LokBuild can be removed from the build plate cleanly in one piece and leaves no residue behind.

HEATED BEDS

Heated print beds are not a problem for LokBuild. It is made from high quality heat resistant materials that can easily withstand the temperatures associated with a typical 3D printer.

FEATURES:

• Optimal 3D Printing Surface
    • Improves Model Adhesion and Reduces Warping
    • Easier Nozzle Height Calibration
    • Durable and Long Lasting - Protect your Build Plate
    • Easy Removal of Completed Prints
    • One Build Surface for most materials
    • Heat Resistant
    • Low Cost
    • Easy to Install and Remove:

1) Wipe down the build platform making sure it is clean.
    2) Trim LokBuild to match the shape and size of your build plate. This can be done easily with general household scissors or a craft knife.

3) Remove the adhesive backing and apply LokBuild to the build plate. Start from one side and work your way to the other side, smoothing LokBuild as you go.
    4) Adjust the printers nozzle height and check that the build surface is level.

TIP: When setting the nozzle height start further away from the bed than with other surfaces such as tapes. LokBuild works better without squashing the filament too much on the first layer.

DEVELOPING LOKBUILD

Over 12 months of testing and development have gone into finding the optimal material and surface properties. Our research included three printers being dedicated to testing LokBuild materials for an 8 month period. Since then it has been tested with numerous types of FFF 3D printers with both heated and non-heated beds.

The tests involved various "torture" models designed to assess material adhesive properties and test LokBuild to the maximum with a huge range of Filaments.

When choosing the material for LokBuild we tested a wide range of plastics, ceramics, tapes and synthetic materials before finding the perfect surface. We then devoted a lot of time to selecting the optimal surface textures to give the best resistance to warping combined with the ability to easily remove the printed model.

>> Back now! Get yours here!

2. Thanks nunyafb thanked for this post
    Likes nunyafb, Syed tutul liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just pledged for one of those as i am tired of using Kapton Tape ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see how they behave... I just hope its not just another buildtak clone...

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual I was about to post about this little find and see someone beat me to it. I think I'm going to try it out as well I'll let you all know how it goes.
    Nunyafb Izness (Jim)
    Future owner of
    BZPDP see KS-Project
    Rapide Lite 200

Sucker paid for ROAPD3PbyR3DV
    Complete N00B "But I know people"
    Yes I can do this favor for you,
    One day and this day may never come
    I may require a favor in return
    And even though what I require of you may be unpleasent
    You Must Comply.
    Just Kidding
    not really
    No really I'm just kidding
    Really I'm serious you'll owe me

Post Thanks / Like
    They claim its similar but very different than buildtak oh well! lol

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    first time printing with LokBuild
    a few days ago I received my LokBuild and here is some comment of my first trial:
    1.mounting LokBuild
    goes very easy and without any bubbles at all. If necessary you need to cut it previously to the dimension of your printing plate. The 8" size fit without cut on my RapideLite Printer.
    2.Bed Leveling
    Mandatory before printing
    I have double checked my Z position to be sure there is a gap of min. 0.1mm between Nozzle and LokBuild surface. (probably was still not enough..see below text)
    3.Printing
    Attachment 1588
    during printing no problem appeared (no warping)
    4.remove after print
    As mentioned above i had a good gap between Nozzle and LokBuild surface but boy that print stuck on the surface like superglue was used!
    I only could remove the print with support of a plier and luckily no damage on the LokBuild.
    Print removed2.jpg
    Well, the print is not easy removable as they mentioned on the campaign page or on the homepage-did i made something wrong?
    I will try with more distance between Nozzle and surface - not sure if the first layer will be nice or not then

8. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Likes Joao, bolsoncerrado liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing.
    I've also purchased LokBuild and I am still waiting for mine (I am on UK).

If you are using PLA and the adhesion is that good, maybe you don't need to use the heat bed?
    Did you let the plate to cool off when attempting to remove the printed part?

Cheers,
    Joao

Post Thanks / Like
    Same boat here, waiting for mine, thanks for sharing results!

How did you measure 0.1 gap?

Try again with heat bed off like Joao said?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I have printed in PLA and the heat bed was turned off...very strong adhesion indeed!
    Regarding the 0.1 gap i used a sheet of paper which is approx. 0.1mm thick (measured by caliper) - if the paper goes trough between nozzle and print surface then i am sure not to contact the surface

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please keep us updated with your further experiments.

I am very interested to see how this works with ABS because for me it is the most difficult to print because of warping.