Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you press the top down where the 2 hex screws are next to where the filament goes in ... you can feel the that the filament can be pushed all the way to the print head. I think it's just a few settings away from printing. it's prints really fine and nice.. only if it's not offset now.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe your gantry is not quite balanced as in level.
    I fitted the locks on the plain rods at the top under the brackets and maybe thats what we use to level the gantry ??

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try that.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got two printed parts for leveling. They can stand on the metal bracket where the rod connects to the stepper motor.
    If I place one left and one right I can move down the whole z axis until it is level.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes I also used those 2 printed blocks and they work and fit exactly.
    I've also looked at their close up photos in their updates page and I can't see those z optical axis locks on them .. definitely not on the straight poles as I don't think it would have any function there.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh doh ! I forgot about those blocks, will use them.
    jase3d those plain rods will move very easily up and down unless those locks are installed.
    I think that is the function that they provide, locking in the plain rods.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jase you dont mean the blue nipple where the tube for the Filament is sticked in dont you?
    Do i have to press the Metal down?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh those plain rods do just slide up and down! ok I think thats what they're for then.

and yes press the side where the 2 alan screws are next to the blue thing but hold the bottom. You can see a small spring in between the gap .. it's basically a clamp that holds and moves the filament into the hotend.

If you take the copper thing with the blue top on it off ... shine a torch in the hole and press the right side you can see the gear open up and you can feed the filament in.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I just can't help fiddling with the machine
    Still trying different settings but still after that first layer, it just goes off to the right. Not really sure what setting to adjust to correct that.
    I tried different models and it does the same thing. Did a plain 1cm cube through Maya, slicr, Cura and this is the result. The tool path all looked fine. It's also a midge longer on one side so it's not exactly 1cm cube.
    cubePrintTest.jpg
    I'm sure it needs better setting for flowrate etc .. but it works. Hope the rapide team will provide some good settings or profiles they use.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    @pommel you must set the the extruder and build plate temperature, if it is not set it will not hear up and then you may damage end of your filament. I suggest you wait for the instructions, but you should cut off the top that was trying to be extruded? Maybe an inch or maybe 2. Look at it and see if it is damaged then cut off the damaged part.