Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I've Learned So Far..
    1. Make sure to tighten the Z Axis Coupling Set Screw or else the screw won't turn!
    2. The Extruder would not hit the X-Axis End Switches. Needed to loosen the X-Axis set screws and move the end switches in to allow the Extruder to trigger it. Cura sends the Hot end all the way to the left until it hits the limit at the very start of the print.
    3. I was not able to feed the filament deep enough into the extruder before I removed the 2 set screws on the Extruder.I needed to completely remove the 2 Set Screws next to the filament entry point on the Extruder. Then replace the 2 set screws but do not overtighten.
    4. Calibrate each corner and the center by using a piece of A4 paper between the Hot End and the Heat Bed.
    5. Use CURA.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by synthius; 12-12-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pommel View Post
    Which USB-Driver do you use?
    I usedhttp://reprap.org/wiki/RUMBA#RUMBA_U...er_for_Windows

NEW : Easy driver setup for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP 32 and 64 bit
    File:RRD RUMBA TAURINO DriverSetup.zip

but I'm not sure if this was necessary. I installed CURA afterwards and it installed some Arduino drivers as well. The needed drivers might be installed when you install CURA.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think my printer is damaged -_-
    I installed all driver, Cura and all settings, but the filament is not moving. When you look in the hole where the filament goes in the extruder, do you see something movin?
    Also the bed heats up, but the extruder not. If I shake the extruder a little bit, it dows...
    Also I have problems to power it off. If I press the power of botton (or the reset button) nothing at all happens...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pommel View Post
    I think my printer is damaged -_-
    I installed all driver, Cura and all settings, but the filament is not moving. When you look in the hole where the filament goes in the extruder, do you see something movin?
    Also the bed heats up, but the extruder not. If I shake the extruder a little bit, it dows...
    Also I have problems to power it off. If I press the power of botton (or the reset button) nothing at all happens...
    When you send a print to the printer using CURA it will show you the temperature of the Bed and Extruder. The bed heats up first then the Extruder heats up.

There is a roller on the extruder that pushes the filament down. You need to make sure that you are pushing the filament deep into the extruder. The filament will not be fed through to the Hot End if you you do not have it pushed down far enough. I was not able to get the filament deep enough until i removed the 2 hex screws from the extruder.

Check the board for loose connections...I know another member posted about his extruder not heating up because a connector worked its way loose during shipping.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is an error in the extruder! I just disassambled it and it coulddnt work at all. pictures will come in a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    pommel, did you follow this already?
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...-Complications

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its my post bolsoncerrado, I solved this problem

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Nice one Let's keep one thread per issue then