Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone. First of all, thank you to those of you that created these mods. I can't express how helpful they have been in learning about the possibilities of 3d printing.

Anyway, does anyone happen to still have a working link to download the patched firmware? Every link I find in this forum and openbuilds.com both go to the same mega.nz link that's no longer available.

Thanks in advance!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldroch View Post
    Hey everyone. First of all, thank you to those of you that created these mods. I can't express how helpful they have been in learning about the possibilities of 3d printing.

Anyway, does anyone happen to still have a working link to download the patched firmware? Every link I find in this forum and openbuilds.com both go to the same mega.nz link that's no longer available.

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind! I misunderstood the purpose of the Toolbox. I've got it patched now.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

This forum is awesome!!! I have read most of the comments but am still having a little trouble.

I just acquired a Cubepro Duo and have 1 roll ABS @ 1% left and 1 roll of Nylon @ 78% left.

The machine already had the V2.00 fireware installed so I loaded / initialized the ABS roll in Bay 1. I then followed the steps on page 1 and installed the patch firmware.

I then tried to print something that used around 100g ABS and the printer says that I don't have enough filament.

Did I miss something in the comments? Does the initialized roll need more filament than the file you want to print. So it would be best to have a roll of filament at 99%?

George

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, George.

You didn't miss anything. The printer is acting as it normally would in the screen responses.
    The only difference with your new FW is that it cannot write to the cartridge.
    This was implemented in 2 places, and two places only. This is what keeps the printer from initializing cartridges from 100% to 99%, which it knows it has to do as a separate routine. Good news though; the printer's attempt to write to the chip is stored in a limited buffer until it can be written. Once the buffer is full, you can use 100% cartridges again. There is nothing that is depleting the buffer so long as it is not reset (which maybe a FW upgrade can do), you can again use full cartridges without error.

And to clarify your error message... it is more an info message. It is just showing off by telling you it knows that 1% filament is not enough to print the print you submitted. Even if the chip was to go past zero, the code is written to continue anyway... now isn't that nice of it!

Anyway, happy printing! Let us know how you get on with 3rd party ABS in your Cube|Pro. I've learned a lot with regard to the Cube 3 and ABS.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi TommyDee,

Thank you for the response!

Sorry I am a complete newbie.

So how do I exactly print with 3rd party filament now?

When I tied to continue the print it makes me try load a new roll. Does that mean the FW upgrade didn't work? Or should I load the 3rd party filament in the change over and leave the 1% ABS roll in Bay 1?

If the FW upgrade worked when I pull the 1% ABS roll out should the printer think the roll is still there?

I think I am more confused than I was before now!

I am only going to print black ABS and nothing else so I wont use the 2nd extruder and bay 2. They will be good for parts!
    Last edited by Jorgsmit; 11-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe CubePro is different in firmware with regard to insufficient filament.
    The Cube3 tells you there is not enough filament and says it will continue to print anyway.
    In that case, yes, you need a chip that is more than 1% for larger prints.

If you find the nylon spool to have stopped counting down on the chip, then the F/W upgrade worked.
    This means when it actually runs out, you can put new filament in the case.
    You cannot buy 3DS filament directly that I know of without a specific cartridge.
    So you will need to find a usable filament to replace the depleted filament.

I've looked for some time for compatible ABS filament for the Cube3.
    Considering all the Cube platforms are basically identical, I am wondering if the CubePro will have similar issues.

There are some solutions for the 1% chip you have. Where in this world do you hail from?

- - - - - - - - - -

FYI about 100% Cartridges on Cube3!

I just learned of a place where 100% cartridges still fail. I doubt that a buffer trick will fix this.
    If you print from the memory stick, the cartridge must be under 100%.

Again, my Cube3 printers work fine with 100% cartridges over WiFi after a while.
    I just cannot defeat the initialization routine forced on me when I print from the memory stick.

This is me enjoying some crow. Seems to be a staple for today.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 11-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.