Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Welcome to the forum Chief.

So Chief, are you running it as an EkoCycle or a Cube 3 now?

And that wouldn't be the first time the checksum has tripped up a build or two.
    It's still an Ekocycle. I don't have any PLA/ABS cartridges to allow useful things to be done if I make the swap.

Next question: If you convert to Cube 3, can you go back to Ekocycle to print PETG?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently it is all about the interrupt in the flashing routine. How's your luck on MP flash burns?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Apparently it is all about the interrupt in the flashing routine. How's your luck on MP flash burns?
    I'm not sure what MP means. When I was trying to diagnose what was wrong, assuming you all had started from a different version before loading V1.05 for Ekocycle, I assumed I needed to downgrade. I tried to document the procedure for it a little better than what I had found. This at least worked on Ekocycle V1.05

1. Have 2 flash drives
    2. On one flash drive (#1), place the .ar file of the same version that is currently running.
    3. On the other flash drive (#2), place the .ar file of the file to be downgraded to BUT renamed to the same name as the file on flash drive #1 from the previous step.
    4. Insert flash drive #1 and navigate to the flash upgrade screen.
    5. When the “Downloading new firmware” screen shows up, unplug flash drive #1 from the unit. The unit will respond that the process has failed and provide an option for “retry”.
    6. Insert flash drive #2 in the Cube/Ekocycle unit.
    7. Press “retry”.
    8. Unit should start downloading the upgrade.
    9. When complete, unit should ask for user to press button to complete upgrade.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    (MP=MicroProcessor)

There is a lot of things happening to get this to work.
    But what if things go wrong? (been there with a buddy's printer)
    I just went through a very painful BIOS flash failure on my PC.
    Nothing I want to go through again!
    But this is essentially what we are doing. It has risks.
    The printer really leaves you hanging at that last stage :|
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-14-2018 at 08:15 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the 2.00 firmware for the CubePro? Or better yet the already hacked version?

The link at the beginning of the blog doesn't seem to work any more to get the firmware and I'd rather hack it than do the cartridge reset.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rassilon50 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the 2.00 firmware for the CubePro? Or better yet the already hacked version?

The link at the beginning of the blog doesn't seem to work any more to get the firmware and I'd rather hack it than do the cartridge reset.
    Here is CubePro 2.0

http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Print...ubepro_2.0.exe

And here is Firmware

http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Cubepro/cubepro V2.00.ar

7. Thanks PrintBot thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I am new to all of this, but would like some help. I am a high school teacher that recently rescued a Ekocycle out of the trash. Our schools engineering dept had finally replaced their Ekocycle with a Monoprice. They asked if my Tech class would like to have the Ekocycle to take apart. Well, we actually fixed most of the issues, and have a fully functional 3d printer now. However, we are limited by the $50 filament refills. Yuck! So, we are extremely interested in a hack around this that will allow us to use other filament. I have been reading all of the replies on this thread. Can someone help me out? What are the steps that I need to do in order to get the hack on my Ekocycle? Steps? We are using version 1.05 on our Ekocycle. Thanks!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, KVL22 - you've come to the right places - both of them!

You have a couple of ways you can go -
    1. You can stay Ekocycle, and modify your V 1.05 firmware per instructions elsewhere in this looonnng thread, so that you can freeze the %used reading on your cartridges. You can then a) rewind cartridges or b) modify a cartridge(s) to feed filament from an external spool as described in various places.
    2. You can switch your Ekocycle printer to Cube 3 firmware, and modify that firmware to freeze the %used. (This is what I've done.)
    3. If you do 2, you have the choice of buying one or more Cube 3 cartridges, either from 3DS (aka 3D Systems) or ebay or Amazon - all at exorbitant cost.
    4. Or, you can buy a copy of the 'ReCube Pro Enhanced' from Tomuro at Haxtom.com (as discussed on the other forum you queried) and build/breadboard the Arduino setup so that you can convert your Eko cartridges to Cube 3 by re-writing their chips. (This is also what I've done).

Whew - this needs a flowchart!

There are some tradeoffs, of course. The main one is: "To Eko, or to Cube - that is the question!" This is discussed to some degree at http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...le-Cube-Thread. I like the greater flexibility of the Cube, but in some cases the Ekocycle prints better. Now I'm working on learning to use different slicers, to see if the Cube can catch up in that area. http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ghlight=slicer

Now, what was your question?
    ;-D
    Last edited by JohnTee; 04-03-2018 at 12:29 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody. I am new to the forum and to Cube 3. I actually own two of them. One already modified and still running original filament out of the cartridge, in a spool. The other one brand new still in the box. I have tried open source filament but it comes out with a lot of barbs or burrs. Is there any filament that you can recommend me to use or to avoid? I will soon run out of proprietary filament and I would like to continue using the Cube 3. Thank you.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Mercy.

I'm going to suggest that your prints are thin for one of two reasons.

Some filaments are very hard. The Cube3 has trouble with these since the driver has a fixed gap.

If you are also running the stock Teflon tubing (the caterpillar arrangement) then I would change my answer.
    If you are running the stock tubing... then there is a high likelihood that the filament is getting squished in the driver and hangs up in the tube.

There are a few other nits that can get in the way but these are the biggies.

12. Thanks mercymar thanked for this post