Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need the hack.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I was hoping I might be able to get a little help with an old Cube Pro that I recently was given.

The Cube Pro is currently on firmware V2.00 (unmodified) and I have been trying to patch the hacked filament firmware onto it. I have downloaded both the CubeToolbox.exe from the first post and the cubepro V2.00.ar firmware file from http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Print...pro%20V2.00.ar

I am able to successfully patch the firmware through the CubeToolbox, but whenever I try to apply the patched firmware to my Cube Pro the update always fails right after it hits 32.8%. I have tried several different flash drives and reformatted all of them to fat32 but it still always fails at 32.8%. I have also tried applying the unmodified V2.00 firmware again just to sanity check it and it also fails at the same 32.8%.

I also downloaded some of the older firmware version off of the aws site and tried applying them, but they instantly fail. I have read through this thread and haven't seen anyone mentioning a similar problem while trying to apply the hacked firmware. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what else I could try to apply the firmware I would appreciate it.

Also, the Cube Pro I received only came with a single cartridge of ABS filament that is currently at 89%. Am I correct in assuming that if I wish to print in PLA I will need to buy a cartridge of PLA in order for the Cube Pro to print at the correct temperatures with the hacked firmware and that I will need to expend some of the filament to run down the counter from 100% before I can use it?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make or get a ReCube wand. Hacking the CubePro seems to leave unwanted remnants. Chamber heater issues have been reported twice.

We do have file editors but you need to downgrade to v1.87 of the CubePro app. This could let you fool the printer with a single chip to run different materials.

4. Thanks Ducke thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi i dont know if this is still active but i figure ill give it a shot. i have a old ekocycle cube and its software is not compatible CubeToolbox_v1.0. do you have plans to add support for this printer so that it can be unchained from proprietary software and go the path of a normal cube (bulk roll modification) im also in need of parts (chips/feeder and nozzle) so that i can hopefully make a full conversion. you an find get a archive of the software here if you need it.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Make or get a ReCube wand. Hacking the CubePro seems to leave unwanted remnants. Chamber heater issues have been reported twice.

We do have file editors but you need to downgrade to v1.87 of the CubePro app. This could let you fool the printer with a single chip to run different materials.
    Awesome, I'll look intot he ReCube wand route then. I have no problem using v1.87 of the CubePro app so I'll take a look into the file editor as well. Thanks for the help!

7. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Hi i dont know if this is still active but i figure ill give it a shot. i have a old ekocycle cube and its software is not compatible CubeToolbox_v1.0. do you have plans to add support for this printer so that it can be unchained from proprietary software and go the path of a normal cube (bulk roll modification) im also in need of parts (chips/feeder and nozzle) so that i can hopefully make a full conversion. you an find get a archive of the software here if you need it.
    Update i got the software solved so that my ekocycle is now a full fledged cube YAY! i did downgrade it first and used the 2 thumb drive method people instruct to do. sodly i lost a drive i think on one of my attempts (drive is stuck as a raw format and refuses to be fixed) oh well it was worth it. i used t thumb drives (named the same) dont know if this made the difference. both were small usb 2.0 drives. i followed the tricking the software procedure and it worked. and now that it is a cube 3 i am able to use your tool to patch it.

here are the direct links to all the ekocycle cube software versions i was able to get. (From what i have read this seems to be what stops people and it may have been what made it work for me)

ekocycle V1.03A
    httpcubify.s3.amazonaws.comPrintersEkocycle%20Cube ekocycle%20V1.03A.ar

ekocycle V1.04
    http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Ekocycle Cube/ekocycle V1.04.ar

ekocycle V1.04C
    http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Ekocycle Cube/ekocycle V1.04C.ar

ekocycle V1.05
    http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Ekocycle Cube/ekocycle V1.05.ar

There looks to be are all the files that you could download from the manufacturer here ( http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/ ) just add the portion after <Key> under <Contents>.

Example.

<Contents>
    <Key>Printers/Cubepro/cubepro V2.00.ar</Key>
    <LastModified>2017-05-07T23:33:45.000Z</LastModified>
    <ETag>"d6909d4b7c2043693c717751c70e62d4-6"</ETag>
    <Size>34539296</Size>
    <StorageClass>REDUCED_REDUNDANCY</StorageClass>

In this example you end up with this link ( http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Cubepro/cubepro V2.00.ar )

Thank you for the knolage a have been able to gather from these forums and i hope i have helped anyone that was stuck like me out.

I wish you all the best.

Fred signing off.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know that the Cube3/EkoCycle requires the swap of the drive. There was an issue with upgrading 1.14B due to the "B".

it has been noted in CubePro that not all functions worked using the F/W 'interrupt' method. Chamber heater failures, for instance. All the Cube 3 upgrades simply took the hack when manually requested to install.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were i can download the 1.1v?

11. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estbgnz View Post
    Were i can download the 1.1v?
    New to the forum, but I've taken the time to read this thread, and this has been covered several times. Ala TommyDee: "V1.1 was never official. You want V1.0."

Welcome to the forum, estbgnz! Looks like we're getting up to speed together!

13. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diggum is correct; V1.1 was a failed release on too many levels and was purged.

Don't forget to explore the ReCube option.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 01-09-2021 at 06:42 AM.