Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Doesnt work it

it just says download failled

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum TheMemeThunder.
    In order to get the download, you need to make an account on OpenBuild.com.
    You can only download the patch if you are logged into the site.
    I do not believe anyone here has permission to post the toolkit v1.0.
    I also know no one here has permission to provide already patched F/W.

However, I will add that the patch works. I've tested it many times.

And there is an alternative to patching the machine in Tomuro's ReCube Light or ReCubePro.
    These reset the chip rather than worrying about the F/W.

Let us know if you get it worked out if you would.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, i found it via fugatech on youtube. Sadly by the looks of most other comments its no longer possible to download the firmware hacks

I have a Cube 3d and on my last cartridge, stocked up whilst I could! annoyingly the tube broke so i dismantled the cartridge, fitted another tube and now its not printing at all. Tried all the tricks in the book.

Next tricks I want are:

To disable the chip so I have no worries testing going forwards on my final cartridge
    hack so I can use any generic 2mm filament and not use the cartridge or tube ever again

There is so much awesome knowledge here, just wish I could access the files.

Any help greatly received,

Andy

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Andy. You've come to the right place. Search 'Building Tomuro's Circuit' while you look around. Also search for around for the various hub solutions.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, i found it via fugatech on youtube. Sadly by the looks of most other comments its no longer possible to download the firmware hacks

I have a Cube 3d and on my last cartridge, stocked up whilst I could! annoyingly the tube broke so i dismantled the cartridge, fitted another tube and now its not printing at all. Tried all the tricks in the book.

Next tricks I want are:

To disable the chip so I have no worries testing going forwards on my final cartridge
    hack so I can use any generic 2mm filament and not use the cartridge or tube ever again

Andy
    Shandy just make it go RepRap with marlin... it works preety well and its done in considerate amount of time...

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shandy View Post
    Hi everyone,

Next tricks I want are:

Andy
    Shandy just make it go RepRap with marlin... it works preety well and its done in considerate amount of time...
    or you could hack the firmware and make 2 of my extruders and 2 of TommyDee's nozzles and your good to go

- - - - - - - - - -

as for original firmware download... http://cubify.s3.amazonaws.com/Printers/Cube/cube V1.14B.ar

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Andy,

If you're not ready to go to the extreme of turning your Cube3 into a RepRap solution, it is quite invasive and I assume non-reversable. So in that vein, the tools for hacking the firmware are still available and and with Tomuro's Circuit, you can "refill" your cartridges. Add in TommyDee's B2B solution, you can start using any PLA/ABS/PETG filament. Fine tuning of the temperatures/extruding/retraction for each filament can be done through the tool I wrote, Cube3Editor.

Just my $.02 and I don't diminish the importance of razor's solution -- it is a good way to go to really open up the Cube3 printer.

Bud

7. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Likes razor81, TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you have to consider Buds suggestions too before going medieval on the cube

9. Likes buddybu liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I've also not written off Cubify software either. Cube3 is actually a very nice slicer if you know how to design for it. CubePro is a different slicer. More options but too exacting with structural purposes rather than aesthetic ones. Between the two I have a lot more options. Add Buddy's excellent editor and between the two platforms you have a pretty good setup.

Adding an open source printer would be huge for me. I haven't had to worry about the slicing part of my designs so much. I don't do a lot of recipe debugging prints. I just send it to the printer because I already know what the slicer will do with my part. I can even preview Cube3 in CubePro software. So having the Cubify slicer is a huge plus for people like me who have an aversion to setup procedures. So far, my prints have been highly successful in large part due to making the printer reliable. I want to spend as little time with slicers and editors as I can get away with.

I do have enough printers to do this to one of them. Mostly interested in the quiet aspect and the advanced Cura options. Simplify 3D interests me but it is another $150 to the project. I don't have anything running here that is open source or non-3D systems at the moment. And it makes life really easy in the ways of printing. But if this virus thingy keeps going longer than expected, I may need to fix the monotony of isolation.

11. Likes buddybu liked this post