Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Mark!

If you installed V1.0, ABS and PLA are treated as normal. Just select in the Cube V4.03 app or 3D Builder (win10).
    V1.1 became unsupported due to anomolies with material choice.

V1.0 is quite stable... just make sure your cartridge is no longer 100%. After a while, as buffers fill up, 100% cartridges will again function.

Hi. I have installed the cube V1.14B.ar. It works perfectly with PLA. I would like to know what happens if I use ABS filament. Does the 3D printer recognises the ABS filament and change the temperature automatically or do I have to set it for ABS (that has a higher fusion temperature).
    I dont know if the Cube 3D uses the same temperature for both kind of filament or not.

I am worried about using ABS filament for this reason.

Can anybody solve my issue please.TNKS

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, it depends on which update you installed.

Generically... as in the original FW... the Cube V4.03 app assign the appropriate temperature for PLA and an appropriate temperature for ABS.
    PLA runs at 210 degrees Celsius and the ABS runs at 260 degrees Celsius.
    The material is confirmed with the chip provided on the cartridge.

V1.11 of the toolbox was an attempt to change the material at will. It ran into a logic problem and was since abandoned.
    I don't know of anyone currently using that version. It has significant limitations.

Regardless of which toolbox you used, the output file is still V1.14B.ar.

Do you have a chip for for PLA and a separate chip for ABS?

If you only have a PLA chip, you can opt for a temperature modifier application. This would allow you to bypass the PLA temperatures and replace them with ABS temperature in the .cube3 file. You would leave the material choice as PLA in the file but up the M104 calls to "260". Then load ABS filament for that print.

I know this can be frustrating. Fortunately there are only a few versions of the toolbox floating around out there.
    The toolbox version used for the FW update is key to understanding next steps.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, it depends on which update you installed.

Generically... as in the original FW... the Cube V4.03 app assign the appropriate temperature for PLA and an appropriate temperature for ABS.
    PLA runs at 210 degrees Celsius and the ABS runs at 260 degrees Celsius.
    The material is confirmed with the chip provided on the cartridge.

V1.11 of the toolbox was an attempt to change the material at will. It ran into a logic problem and was since abandoned.
    I don't know of anyone currently using that version. It has significant limitations.

Regardless of which toolbox you used, the output file is still V1.14B.ar.

Do you have a chip for for PLA and a separate chip for ABS?

If you only have a PLA chip, you can opt for a temperature modifier application. This would allow you to bypass the PLA temperatures and replace them with ABS temperature in the .cube3 file. You would leave the material choice as PLA in the file but up the M104 calls to "260". Then load ABS filament for that print.

I know this can be frustrating. Fortunately there are only a few versions of the toolbox floating around out there.
    The toolbox version used for the FW update is key to understanding next steps.
    Thanks TommyDee.
    Actually I have only PLA cartridge.
    Is it possible that if I buy just one of ABS cartridge from 3D systems I can use it (once it will be 5% full) to make the 3D printer autoset on ABS temperature and refill it with a generic ABS filament? Could it work? Because otherwise I don`t really know how to do.

TNKS.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is my method, yes.

Reverse your thinking for a minute, Mark.
    The printer app, Cube V4.03, can create xxx.cube3 files even if you have no printer.
    The app can create .cube3 print files for its library or as a file for distribution.
    In the app, select the offline printer.
    Here is where you set your material, ABS or PLA, left or right or both, supports or no supports, ...etc.
    One you have the app create your file based on your selections, all the appropriate settings are already determined and placed in the .cube3 file.

Now say you prepared a file for ABS and your printer has a PLA cartridge installed.
    When the printer receives the file, it does the confirmation that the proper cartridge is installed.
    In this case, it will issue an error stating the wrong cartridge is installed.

This is the generic way things work with the Cube3 software.

Along comes the toolbox V1.0... it changes only 2 calls that write data to the cartridge chip by disabling these 2 calls.
    Everything else is as original. What this did was to remove the ability to write to the chip but that crossed another routine...
    One that initializes cartridges. That is why the cartridge must be initialized with original FW. However, over time I learned that this write buffer gets full.
    When that happens, the printer will again recognize 100% cartridges and still not be able to write to them.

I want to keep this simple so I will stop this here although there are alternatives depending on your pain tolerance.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is my method, yes.

Reverse your thinking for a minute, Mark.
    The printer app, Cube V4.03, can create xxx.cube3 files even if you have no printer.
    The app can create .cube3 print files for its library or as a file for distribution.
    In the app, select the offline printer.
    Here is where you set your material, ABS or PLA, left or right or both, supports or no supports, ...etc.
    One you have the app create your file based on your selections, all the appropriate settings are already determined and placed in the .cube3 file.

Now say you prepared a file for ABS and your printer has a PLA cartridge installed.
    When the printer receives the file, it does the confirmation that the proper cartridge is installed.
    In this case, it will issue an error stating the wrong cartridge is installed.

This is the generic way things work with the Cube3 software.

Along comes the toolbox V1.0... it changes only 2 calls that write data to the cartridge chip by disabling these 2 calls.
    Everything else is as original. What this did was to remove the ability to write to the chip but that crossed another routine...
    One that initializes cartridges. That is why the cartridge must be initialized with original FW. However, over time I learned that this write buffer gets full.
    When that happens, the printer will again recognize 100% cartridges and still not be able to write to them.

I want to keep this simple so I will stop this here although there are alternatives depending on your pain tolerance.

Thanks a lot!
    Ill try as you told.
    It will work for sure.
    great!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    After using the Firmware mod, anyone else notice that the WIFI does not remember the SSID and PW for your WIFI?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not the case with mine. I've unplugged my printers and they come back to the same network.

They are a bit fussy sometimes.
    My router had insufficient channels for all my devices and that required a modem/router upgrade.

I use to loose my printers from the wifi chain regularly but not anymore.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it`s not an issue. After Update firmware wifi works perfectly.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Is there an upload of the patched firmware which is still online?
    The link in the first post is unfortunately offline.

Thank you

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Original source: https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-3-pro-hacks.8420/

Welcome to the forum!