Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    (don't forget about the 100% cartridge limitation...)

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    (don't forget about the 100% cartridge limitation...)
    Right!! (Thanks for the reminder...)

The cartridge has to have less than 100% remaining in order for the hack to work.
    Meaning, if you have any brand-new cartridges, you have to go back to the un-modified firmware, use a little bit of each cartridge (at least 1%!), then reinstall the patched firmware.

(What else did I forget? ;o)

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Which version did you install? There is a version 1.1 floating out there that is not stable. Only V1.0 is sanctioned.
    If you need a slightly higher temperature for the PLA/wood, there is a temperature modifier app to hack the .cube3 file.
    I have 1.0.
    I didn't worked too much with the printer because I didn't had time until now so I'll try it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTee View Post
    @astruns -
    If you are asking whether you need to do something in order to use a different cartridge/filament, then: No.
    Once you install the firmware patch ("Hack"), the %used for any cartridge stays the same as it was.
    If you have an ABS with 80% remaining, it will stay at 80%. If you put on a PLA with 63%, it will stay at 63%.

I don't know how you might use wood filament, unless you are using a different slicer other than CubePrint, or if you decode the .cube3 file (see the "using other slicers" thread) and change the temps (or use the "modifier" tool) per @TommyDee's note above.
    I don't use wood filament, yet. Only worked with ABS because a friend of me gave to me a lot of ABS filament, now I want to use pla, so if stucks that's great! When I change the filament I'll post here

Thank you!

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTee View Post
    Right!! (Thanks for the reminder...)

The cartridge has to have less than 100% remaining in order for the hack to work.
    Meaning, if you have any brand-new cartridges, you have to go back to the un-modified firmware, use a little bit of each cartridge (at least 1%!), then reinstall the patched firmware.

(What else did I forget? ;o)
    Interesting comment, however;
    Once you've used the printer for a while after the 'upgrade', it stops caring about 100% chips.
    I suspect it fills a buffer of wanting to write stuff and it just ignores it after a while. I need to find out 2 things...
    1) Does it use the same buffer for both sides?
    2) What is the max buffer count.

Astruns; welcome to the forum.

It gets even more fun than this; you can also reprogram the chips with a little extra effort (an Arduino project).

The ABS chips will make the PLA filament too hot.

The only way I can see this working is to reduce the heat in the .cube3 files as John describes.
    That will allow you to use ABS chips with "other" filaments.
    The reason I consider this as a viable solution is that some filled filaments require a little additional heat over what 3D Systems does with the Cube 3.

Just some thoughts for when you are ready to give this more effort.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just to highlight my last post;
    Almost exactly one year ago today I purchased a backup printer.
    It's been side by side with the primary all this time.
    All the ABS tests were done on it along with some dual printer action going on if things got to a head.
    I cannot begin to fathom just how many prints it actually did in the last year, but not significant.

This is actually a call to arms with you Coders (< note the respect!) to figure this out...

So this is the thing... this printer has run dozens, yes, hundreds, maybe... much more, no.
    It actually stopped trying to write to the chip! So 100% chips are fine on 2 of my printers now.

Okay, I can feed it Pepto-Bismol and see if it clear its system, but this should be traceable, don't you think?

Will it revert when I upgrade firmware? Meaning, am I resetting a perfectly good buffer that is actually my advantage? ...just to roll a cartridge to under 100%? (did you actually follow that?)

Just unwrapped this lovely violet ABS that is eons old. One of the original batch. Note the partial test print that had no trouble starting.

ha.PNG

Anyone up to finding this little buffer and guessing what it can actually hold? It is definitely finite!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone !

Does someone still has the V2.00.ar for the cube pro ? I'd like to use the hack but I'm using the 2.02 version, and I can't find the 2.00...

Thank you !

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone took advantage of chip resetter... $40!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call me a noob, but when I click the link to the cubetool.zip all I get is some adlink trying to get me to install a bunch of software that's unrelated? PLZ help lol
    Also my printer is a 3d cube 3 white if that helps once I get the toolbox to do the mod here's the page, possibly a redirect? http://clearload.bid/-1PUOB/1ixgu6?r...217-1534370242
    Last edited by Magifesq; 08-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a horrible download site, agreed. The source is on the OpenBuilds forum. You probably need an account to access the file.

https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-3-pro-hacks.8420/

When you successfully get your Cube "refurbished", don't forget to leave a tip for eychei.
    Those guys are heros. This thing would be dead by now if it wasn't for them.

- - - - - - - - - -

...and welcome to the forum!

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Switch from pla to abs - how?

Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    v1.11
    - removed materialcode verification (e.g. Print abs files with pla cartridge) for cubepro firmware
    hi!
    I patched the firmware and it works perfectly with pla.
    I still havenīt tried with abs because i don`t know how the cube 3 d pirinter recognizes the filament material.
    Anyone could tell me how to do? Do i have to buy at least one original cartridge of abs filament from 3dsystems or can i use a pla cartridge i have and fill it with abs filament?
    Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Mark!

If you installed V1.0, ABS and PLA are treated as normal. Just select in the Cube V4.03 app or 3D Builder (win10).
    V1.1 became unsupported due to anomolies with material choice.

V1.0 is quite stable... just make sure your cartridge is no longer 100%. After a while, as buffers fill up, 100% cartridges will again function.