Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't find the Cube_Toolbox - link fails?

Hello - Newbie here. Thanks for letting me in!

I have an Ekocycle Cube, and am Very Interested in trying to replicate the great work that's been done to free the Cube 3 from the cartridge chip lock.

First - has anyone successfully done the 'stop the filament counter' hack on an Ekocycle?

Second - When I click the Cube_Toolbox link in the first post, I get this: "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site. We can’t connect to the server at opendownloadmanager.com." Am I missing something? Or is there a new link out there? Thanks, John T

Edit 20180224: I found a different path to the Toolbox at openbuilds.com "cube-3-pro-hacks".
    https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-3-pro-hacks.8420/
    Last edited by JohnTee; 02-24-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: add linefeeds and info re link

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The question has been posted before and to date, no one has fessed up to hacking the EkoCycle successfully.

Curiosity would ask if the ReCube version of the chip hack would work generically with the Ekocycle cart chips.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

ReCube hack for Ekocycle Cube

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    The question has been posted before and to date, no one has fessed up to hacking the EkoCycle successfully.

Curiosity would ask if the ReCube version of the chip hack would work generically with the Ekocycle cart chips.
    According to Tomuro -- YES!
    http://www.haxtom.com/?p=71

4. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find, John!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all you Ekocyclers out there - here's a possible way to enable the "stop cartridge usage update" in V1.05 firmware:

https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-...-15#post-61296

Full Disclosure: I have not yet tried to load this firmware in my Ekocycle. I have modified the file as suggested using HexEdit (free) on Windows, but can't load it yet b/c I need a power supply.

- - - - - - - - - -

Now that I think of it... Does anyone in the US have a Cube 3/Ekocycle Cube power adapter they would be willing to sell?
    I know I can buy a substitute online, but I would prefer to have an 'official' one with the proper connector.
    Thanks!

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one Bo linked up is an exact duplicate... part number correct. Plug and play as they Say.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found it ! For reference: http://www.mpja.com/24-Volt-Adapter-...info/32885+PS/
    Thanks, TommyDee

9. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2 of these and tested them out. They've been working great for a couple weeks now, and as a side affect, I haven't had any temp errors on either of my 2 Cubes. Coincidence?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it. Installed the update via USB flash drive. Now I have an Ekocycle with a flashing backlight.

Any ideas out there on how to unbrick the thing? Can I just reflash the .hex that's inside the original .ar update file using a debugger?

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBridgeFuser View Post
    I tried it. Installed the update via USB flash drive. Now I have an Ekocycle with a flashing backlight.

Any ideas out there on how to unbrick the thing? Can I just reflash the .hex that's inside the original .ar update file using a debugger?
    I figured out the unbrick problem. I also figured out why the mod didn't work with my Ekocycle: https://openbuilds.com/threads/cube-...-17#post-66132

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Chief.

So Chief, are you running it as an EkoCycle or a Cube 3 now?

And that wouldn't be the first time the checksum has tripped up a build or two.