Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am having an issue with parts from TD B2B collection and the Cube3 files. I am getting some loss of extrusion. Here is a link to images
    Last edited by buddybu; 02-13-2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: remove duplicate post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what what happening to me with the 3D Solutech Natural ABS. The temp was 10C too high. When I used the Ekocycle slicer, the same material went 'perfect'.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was with your optimized cube3 files. Were these created with the Ekocycle slicer. If not, can you send me or post the Ekocycle sliced versions?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was before I could edit files. 3D Solutech sent me a gratis spool of the ABS for evaluation. And although I loved the color, it wouldn't print using the ABS slicer. I had those same thin turn-arounds. Shortly thereafter someone posted a set of tools to decript and encript the print files and I was like DUDE!

I played with the settings to get to a solution. Lowering the temp 10 degrees made the prints work beautifully. This is also where I started playing with retraction. After a while I started using the Ekocycle slicer for slicing 3rd party ABS and generically it worked well. Change the header info and off she went.

Bottom line on the failure mode was several things but it was the introduction of air into the nozzle during destringing operations that caused the most trouble. Reducing the retraction settings helped a lot but it started stringing a lot. The reduced temps solved both. Turns out the Ekocycle slicer is already more gentle with retraction settings. That help solve all the issues just by switching slicers.

For 3DS ABS filament, use the ABS slicer. However, your prints are PLA, right?

5. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    welll.... I had some sample ABS lengths for a 3D pen I received as a gift. I am trying them out right now. I had one that I accidentally printed with PLA level temps, and it didn't turn out. I am now trying with EKOCYCLE slicer and printing just the housing and core with a sidewalk. Nice green color. I still have some blue, gray and red to play with. I also have a sample of iglidur l180-pf. Not sure about it's profile, but it has a nozzle temp of 220.\
    ---
    If none of this works out, then I will try with PLA, but I like to remove colors as soon as I am done printing, by pulling the filament from the nozzle, is that going to cause me problems with deformation?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by buddybu; 02-14-2020 at 12:54 AM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I pull the color just by undoing the tube nut. I rarely remove the nozzles since I have a dedicated printer for ABS/PETG and one for PLA. This also keeps me from having to gap ...ever!

That green print is looking very good

I also tend to use test prints over purge. Test prints you can pause. When you resume, it purges a bunch of filament. I usually clear the nozzle from one color to the next within one pause/resume; sometimes 2 for PLA, up to 3 times for ABS (bleeds more).

As to making sure the core has sufficient clearance to the housing wall, if you have some 240-400 grit emery cloth or paper, you can wrap that around a looser fitting tube or dowel. This makes knocking off the ridges that stick very quickly. Normally it is just a bugger or two that get in the way of the core moving smoothly. If it is still stubborn, then lightly touch up the wall of the core.

For the clip, the holes want to be .078" [2.0mm] through. Again, a bicycle spoke is normally 2mm in diameter. I find spokes to be very useful tools with regard to 3D printing The Dremel rotary tool and cutoff wheels have been my goto tool for some years now.

42mm on the tube! Tube in cartridge case is 99mm. That is flush to the outside wall and the filament driver gear.

Hole in the core and bulkhead... .111" to .113" depending on the material. Again, smooth snug fit of the stock small tube into the bulkhead and core. The tube is trapped by design, but I also want some attempt at restricting movement by use of the stiction of the tube within the core and bulkhead.

Don't forget to clean out the little nib in the bulkhead and the male tube-nut for the retaining ring. The tube's retaining ring wants to freely seat in these pockets.

I'm able to get these tips out since I am busy building a couple of carts now.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-14-2020 at 03:32 AM.

8. Thanks buddybu thanked for this post
    Likes buddybu liked this post