Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does it seemed so squished?
    Last edited by Mythandar; 02-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally getting the Meshmixer support edits.

That's a lot of effort making a chess set!

Got 5 builds on a single tape replacement.
    Hoping to get 1/2 the set out of the Hatchbox filament.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, I have a STL code question...

When I output data from my uber CAD systems, it only outputs solid parts as STL.

When I generate supports in MeshMixer, it recognizes the supports as single thickness surfaces.

Does anyone have a cheat-sheet on the feature types within an STL file?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythandar View Post
    Why does it seemed so squished?
    I sat on it.

Actually, I edited the stl so it wouldn't take so long to print. I've printed a lot of these!

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    I sat on it.

Actually, I edited the stl so it wouldn't take so long to print. I've printed a lot of these!
    Good idea. I know what you mean, my wife will ask me what I'm printing and rolls her eyes when I tell her "another cube".

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've updated the main post with new untested profiles for simplify3d. Since I'm in Portland right now I haven't been able to test them. The only thing I'm unsure of is if it will wait while it gets to temp before extruding, or if it'll start trying to extrude after the temp code is called. Sometimes the cube 3 doesn't behave the way I expect, or atleast it doesn't behave how it should based on what the information I have about the gcode.

When I get back home I'll test them and make sure they're working. Then I'll try and get cura and maybe kisslicer dual printing.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so I'm confused about retraction. I mentioned before about the pause at start/stop locations. In KISSlicer, it does the same pause whether I have de-string (retraction) on or not.

For the purposes of this rant, I'm going to forget about KISSlicer for now and focus on Cura. If I (we) can figure this out, maybe we can figure out KISSlicer.

As I said before, I believe retraction (or de-string in KS) is only supposed to happen when traveling across non-printed areas, so it shouldn't affect the start/stop points.

In Cura, if I have retraction on, it does the pause thing which messes up the corners. Not only does it pause when doing the perimeter, it even does it on the infill, which is not necessary and makes it take a lot longer to print. The only good thing is almost no stringing.

If I turn retraction off, I get no pauses at all and the corners turn out perfect. The problem is I get stringing on the top layer. I can deal with the stringing because it's pretty easy to remove, but it doesn't make sense that turning retraction on makes it pause every loop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    @Mythandar can you provide a 32bit version of the cube3-encoder.exe file? For an unknown reason, thats the virtual box (Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit) I have compiled over here...

Thanks!

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. It'll have to be tonight tho. I don't have enough time this morning before I go to training.

10. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also somethings really weird with the S3D profile. I downloaded the "RIGHT PLA" profile and sliced with simplify. The resulting bfb file was sent to Windows with the original fritzw cubepro_encoder.exe which processed the file. I manually renamed the result to cube3 and loaded it onto the Cube3 MANUALLY.

When launching the print, every few steps of X or Y motor makes the bed move downwards as well (Z), so its trying to print in the air every few steps of every "line" traced in the original file :????

Never saw this attitude before! lol

Can I send anyone my original STL and you try to slice / encode it for me and see what happens?

Once again Im trying to use the RIGHT cart in PLA.

Also, and I guess this is a firmware flaw, unless I loaded BOTH bays with PLA filament, the printer refused to print my PLA file arguing "different material found", even if there was already a PLA chip installed on the right :????? (and yes, left was EMPTY by the time the error was reported).