Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tprothma View Post
    I propose this, let's take some simple parts and set up prints in the Cube App using different conditions (left only, right only, dual print), ignore everything in the middle related to the part and make sure we understand the beginning and end. Then we can repeat a nice print with the proper beginning and closure procedures and it's independent of whatever slicer we choose.

We can annotate each line we control with ; after the command in the same line such as this...
    M??? ;Do something and we're explicit about what line's being added
    Also # can be used to start comment lines between sections
    I've added #Vector T22 to the layer change script which also helps (but you can look at the Z on the moves also to figure out layers)
    I have already done most of what you are suggesting. I have some samples I can share with you. I haven't posted anything yet until I am sure they are working properly. By the way, Cube BFB uses ^ for comments, not ;. If you uses ; it will error. I have not tried using ^ after a command yet, only on a line by itself. I'm not sure if # or ^ is supposed to be used for comments, but it seems either will work.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MegaloDon,
    Awesome!

You cannot start a line with ; but you can certainly use it to annotate on the same line
    It would look like

Mxxx Pxx Sxx ; Explain what this command does

This method allows the file to be read in just fine.

I add annotations to every line of my starting and ending scripts and make sure what it does makes sense.

# is also used as a comment, but for layer change you can use
    #Vector T22

I suspect that's how they paint (update the part being printed), each time a new layer is started it will see that command and the firmware paints another line in front view icon on the touch screen to show progress.

The file must begin with a line starting with ^ as well.
    I look forward to your posting your latest understandings on the bfb thread.

Tim

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another "Trick" for you other Slicer Tweakers.
    CubeX Decode can be used to decode the "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml" and "ConfigurationCube123.xml" files that contain the parameters that
    Cube Print uses for printing with various materials and layering. The files do not re-encode.

Perhaps this will work. Haven't tried it http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...3-file-decoder

G70
    Last edited by JackMeoff; 02-07-2018 at 09:27 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMeoff View Post
    Another "Trick" for you other Slicer Tweakers.
    CubeX Decode can be used to decode the "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml" and "ConfigurationCube123.xml" files that contain the parameters that
    Cube Print uses for printing with various materials and layering. The files do not re-encode.

Perhaps this will work. Haven't tried it http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...3-file-decoder

G70
    Awesome!