Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythandar View Post
    As far as it going in reverse, I'm not sure what is causing that, make sure that cube 3 is selected in style, support, printer and material.
    I'm using the settings you posted. Everything is set to Cube 3. Maybe I downloaded the file backwards.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    I'm using the settings you posted. Everything is set to Cube 3. Maybe I downloaded the file backwards.
    Try opening up the bfb created in kisslicer using a text editor (I use notepad++), and do a search for M102. You shouldn't find it. You should see a lot of M101's tho if you search for that. M101 tells extruder 1 to turn on foreward. An M102 tells it to turn on in reverse, and I've never seen that created before.

I made a new directory with just the kisslicer64.exe and the ini's I posted so they would be the only settings it sees. Then printed and everything is going fine so I'm not sure what to tell you.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try opening up the bfb created in kisslicer using a text editor (I use notepad++), and do a search for M102. You shouldn't find it. You should see a lot of M101's tho if you search for that. M101 tells extruder 1 to turn on foreward. An M102 tells it to turn on in reverse, and I've never seen that created before.
    I also use Notepad++. There are no M102's in the file and plenty of M101's. It's crazy! It goes through the motions like it should (I can tell it is moving correctly for the model I'm printing) and nothing comes out. I tried purging the print head, thinking it might have been clogged and it took a bit before filament came out. Then I tried it again and watched the filament and saw that it was feeding backwards.

I tried different models and got the same results. I let it go further and after about 3 minutes or so, it started extruding, but extremely slow. Not nearly fast enough to print properly.

I also made a new directory with just the kisslicer64.exe and the ini's you posted. Same results.

Just to make sure I'm doing it right (I've never used a slicer other than the Cube Print software)... I open an STL, hit Slice, then save it as a bfb. Then convert it using cubepro-encoder, then change the extension to .cube3. Is this correct?

There HAS to be something I'm doing wrong. I noticed you have the print speed all the way on fast. Could that be a contributing factor?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    I also use Notepad++. There are no M102's in the file and plenty of M101's. It's crazy! It goes through the motions like it should (I can tell it is moving correctly for the model I'm printing) and nothing comes out. I tried purging the print head, thinking it might have been clogged and it took a bit before filament came out. Then I tried it again and watched the filament and saw that it was feeding backwards.

I tried different models and got the same results. I let it go further and after about 3 minutes or so, it started extruding, but extremely slow. Not nearly fast enough to print properly.

I also made a new directory with just the kisslicer64.exe and the ini's you posted. Same results.

Just to make sure I'm doing it right (I've never used a slicer other than the Cube Print software)... I open an STL, hit Slice, then save it as a bfb. Then convert it using cubepro-encoder, then change the extension to .cube3. Is this correct?

There HAS to be something I'm doing wrong. I noticed you have the print speed all the way on fast. Could that be a contributing factor?
    The speeds I had setup for the fast setting aren't very fast, I print in simplify3d faster than I have kisslicer set. What I think you might have to do is change the flow tweak setting in the material tab. 0.038 is a setting I had to play around with to find a setting that worked with my printer. In other forums that talked about the cubepro and kisslicer, most users had to change their flow setting specific to their printer. So I would try changing that setting to something higher, I would try 0.1 to begin with.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298812
    This is what I use to test settings, it's quick and easy to print. If you want to, slice that and send me a copy of your bfb to compare against mine so I can see if there's anything weird happening in there.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I figured out what's wrong. Just gotta figure out how to fix it. It isn't giving any time to heat up the print head. Don't know why I didn't catch that before. Just got occupied doing other things.

So, in the Material tab, the warm time is 0. I tried using the coef calc to compute it (0.00943693) and it didn't seem to make a difference. It starts trying to print almost immediately. Is this the right setting or should I be looking elsewhere?

I attached the test file for you to look at.

Thanks for all the help, by the way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Temperature feedback should trigger the purge and print event.

There should be some kind of sideways routine that takes the cube through that.

Have you got access to "printer ready" hooks?
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-09-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Temperature feedback should trigger the purge and print even.

There should be some kind of sideways routine that takes the cube through that.

Have you got access to "printer ready" hooks?
    No idea what that is.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the file, I found out what I did wrong. Silly me changed one thing and hadn't tested it, and forgot to change it back. Here's updated ini's.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtMbZIO7-msPgq1XWYUkn8s6rpwgOw

I tested it and it worked good, I promise this time

It will also act very similar at the start to what a print does when you print using cube print.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I consider this a housekeeping feature.

Something has to hold back the execution of printing until the printer signals a "ready to receive data" to the host.
    What that means is that somewhere, there has to be a call that tells the printer to prepare for an incoming print file.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting the file, I found out what I did wrong. Silly me changed one thing and hadn't tested it, and forgot to change it back.
    That was it!! Works perfectly now!

What did you change?

I'm gonna do some comparison tests and will post the results.