Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    today I was making some tests inspiring from your way ,,, so I used Wireshark to monitor the tcp connection ,,, and I used app called packet sender to resend the packet to the printer,,, for know I have successfully connected to printer and I received the msg from printer to send the file to 30305 port ,, but I'm stuck her I don't know how to do that ,, any advice
    thanks a gain

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have started working on one written in python so it should work across an OS. I have captured the output from CubePro and starting creating the custom messages to communicate with the printer. By the way the printer messages are all valid JSON, so you can use the Python JSON encoder and decoder to manipulate the data.

Currently I can get the printers configuration settings, material cartridge information.

When I start the file upload to port 30305 I send off the file but the printer has a problem with what I am doing. Looking at what happens from CubePro it first sends 8 bytes to the upload port and that appears to be a portion from the upload file, perhaps a length of some sort. Anyway I am sending what CubePro sends. When the file has been uploaded I see the printer respond with "msg_method":24 which I believe signals the end of the upload but when I try to close the socket I get some TCP resets from the printer.

If I can get this working then I will put it up on GitHub. I am trying to structure my code as a simple Class object that communicates with the printer and hopefully later we can put a GUI on it.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to wait after sending the file to close the tcp socket. All i did was wait 5 seconds.
    The first 8 bytes are the file size with little endian format (least significant bytes first).

After sending the file size, just send the file contents as raw bytes.
    I'm using tcp packets of 1400 bytes of payload.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to do the following

first I send a msg to the printer using the following ascii

{"header":{"msg_type":1,"msg_method":102,"version" :1},"payload":{"file_name":"hhh_2.cube3","file_siz e":8.31516e+18}}\00

the printer shows :

{"header":{"msg_type":2,"msg_method":102,"version" :1},"payload":{"file_name":"hhh_2.cube3","conn_typ e":1,"port":30305}}

then I connect to the new port 30305 and send .cube3 file

* here is my problem I understand that I should send the file size first then the .cube3 file

- can you please give us an example how did you manage to convert the file size to raw or hex or ascii value

last step I think we should send this msg to the printing to start printing
    {"header":{"msg_type":1,"msg_method":11,"version": 1},"payload":{"file_name":"hhh_2.cube3","timestamp ":""}}\00

thanks
    Last edited by chaman; 05-06-2018 at 04:55 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    In LabVIEW, I reinterpreted the uint64 size as uint8 and swapped the bytes (last to first, second to last but one, etc).

- - - - - - - - - -

Here follow a new version of the app with the suggestions from @chaman.
    I can't compile it to Mac since I use Windows, but I can provide the source code if anyone is willing to.

Executable only:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t6...MUZsRFVNBozI2x

Installer with LabVIEW Runtime (includes source code).
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HN...pOfEXWUCC_DaSt
    Last edited by luizrenault; 05-06-2018 at 05:57 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you very much

I'm not able to download your files it asking for permission!
    Last edited by chaman; 05-06-2018 at 05:47 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I updated the permissions for the links. Please try again.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luizrenault View Post
    You have to wait after sending the file to close the tcp socket. All i did was wait 5 seconds.
    The first 8 bytes are the file size with little endian format (least significant bytes first).

After sending the file size, just send the file contents as raw bytes.
    I'm using tcp packets of 1400 bytes of payload.
    I will give it a try. If this works then I will put my simple python script up for others to try out. I am testing on a Cube Pro.

- - - - - - - - - -

I started a thread for my project: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ile-to-printer

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to "Using Other Slicers". But, not exactly Other slicers, rather using CubePrint in a different way.

Some of us have noticed that the Ekocycle seems to print some things better than the Cube3. Some of the difference may be due to (a) material - PETG vs PLA or ABS; or (b) print speeds - the Eko seems to print a bit slower.
    At any rate, thanks to the great decoder/encoder work by others, it is pretty easy to utilize the Ekocycle slicer in CubePrint to generate a print file for the Cube3.

1. Import the .stl file into CubePrint
    2. Do Print Now
    3. Select "Offline EKOCYCLE Cube"
    4. Pick your material/color - doesn't matter which
    5. BUILD - save the file (I suggest putting EKO in the file name to remind you where it came from.)
    6. Decode the xxxEKOxxx.cube3 file -- cubedecoder
    7. Edit the .bfb file as follows:
    a) change Firmware:V1.0 to Firmware:V1.05
    b) change Minfirmware:V1.0 to Minfirmware:V1.05
    c) change PrinterModel:EKOCYCLE to PrinterModel:CUBE3 (NOTE: Case sensitive!)
    d) change MaterialCodeEx:300 (or whatever) to MaterialCodeEx:yyy -- where x is the extruder number you used, yyy is the Cube3 material code
    for example MaterialCodeE1:132 would be Left extruder, Red ABS
    7. Encode the xxxEKOxxx.bfb file -- cubeencoder

Note: I've been using Ekocycle filament when I do this. I believe you can use ABS, since the Ekocycle slicer prints at 250C, which should work for most ABS. I have NOT tried this yet, but I plan to. If you want to use PLA, you will need to modify the temperatures in the .bfb file before you encode it (reference M104/M204 commands).

The Benchy test came out much nicer when I did this.

Benchy 1.jpg
    Left = Cube 3 using Ekocycle slicer with Ekocycle filament, print at 250C
    Right = Cube 3 using Cube3 slicer with PLA filament, print at 220C
    Benchy 3.jpg

I don't yet know whether the difference is due to the different slicing, or different filament. More tests are called for.

(NB - Does anyone care??)
    -----------
    5/25/18
    I printed two more Benchy's, both in MakerShaper ABS.
    One was generated (i.e., sliced) as Ekocycle and converted to Cube3 ABS (printed at 250).
    The other was generated as Cube3 ABS and the temperature was changed from 260 to 240.
    They are identical to my eye. And, both are practically identical to the Eko sliced printed on Cube3 with Ekocycle filament. (the red one)
    Sooo...
    The problem with the PLA (blue) one seems to be the PLA filament - no the slicing- and the fact I have not yet learned how to set up for that particular filament.
    I looks to me like (for ABS, at least) the result is equally good whether using the Ekocycle or the Cube3 mode.
    So, Tom - does this shed any light on the question of the difference you saw with ABS and PLA (I hope I have that right!)
    in M/S 3d Print?
    Last edited by JohnTee; 05-26-2018 at 06:02 AM.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how that works, huh

Nice instruction set, thanks! one day I'll get it for cube3.