Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tprothma View Post
    I propose this, let's take some simple parts and set up prints in the Cube App using different conditions (left only, right only, dual print), ignore everything in the middle related to the part and make sure we understand the beginning and end. Then we can repeat a nice print with the proper beginning and closure procedures and it's independent of whatever slicer we choose.

We can annotate each line we control with ; after the command in the same line such as this...
    M??? ;Do something and we're explicit about what line's being added
    Also # can be used to start comment lines between sections
    I've added #Vector T22 to the layer change script which also helps (but you can look at the Z on the moves also to figure out layers)
    I have already done most of what you are suggesting. I have some samples I can share with you. I haven't posted anything yet until I am sure they are working properly. By the way, Cube BFB uses ^ for comments, not ;. If you uses ; it will error. I have not tried using ^ after a command yet, only on a line by itself. I'm not sure if # or ^ is supposed to be used for comments, but it seems either will work.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MegaloDon,
    Awesome!

You cannot start a line with ; but you can certainly use it to annotate on the same line
    It would look like

Mxxx Pxx Sxx ; Explain what this command does

This method allows the file to be read in just fine.

I add annotations to every line of my starting and ending scripts and make sure what it does makes sense.

# is also used as a comment, but for layer change you can use
    #Vector T22

I suspect that's how they paint (update the part being printed), each time a new layer is started it will see that command and the firmware paints another line in front view icon on the touch screen to show progress.

The file must begin with a line starting with ^ as well.
    I look forward to your posting your latest understandings on the bfb thread.

Tim

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another "Trick" for you other Slicer Tweakers.
    CubeX Decode can be used to decode the "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml" and "ConfigurationCube123.xml" files that contain the parameters that
    Cube Print uses for printing with various materials and layering. The files do not re-encode.

Perhaps this will work. Haven't tried it http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...3-file-decoder

G70
    Last edited by JackMeoff; 02-07-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMeoff View Post
    Another "Trick" for you other Slicer Tweakers.
    CubeX Decode can be used to decode the "Build_Config_Cube_3.xml" and "ConfigurationCube123.xml" files that contain the parameters that
    Cube Print uses for printing with various materials and layering. The files do not re-encode.

Perhaps this will work. Haven't tried it http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...3-file-decoder

G70
    Awesome!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dthomas6184 View Post
    I've been through all 26 pages but I must have missed something, I'm trying to get Cura to work with my cube 3. I've downloaded the Cura-Cube3-fix, Cube3-BFB-Fix-V2, and the cube-encoder. I loaded the profile from the Cura-Cube3-fix and sliced a model, after that I fix it with the Cube3-BFB-Fix-V2 and then re encode it with the cube3-encoder 32 bit. this is the right order correct? and is there a way to switch the side of the printer that is used? I'm running PLA on the right side (if you are looking at the printer from the front) I am using a modified cartridge and cannot switch it to the other side. Have i missed something here?
    Curious minds are wondering...!

Is DThomas' outline the correct process for using Cura?
    Is anyone successfully using Cura to generate Cube3 print files now?

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don't know where Cura-Cube3-fix, came from but essentially yes. When I made the information in the first post, the new cura 2.x wasn't able to make a .bfb file so we had to use the older style cura 15.04.6(this was the last version of the old cura before they made the new cura). Now the new cura that's out is able to output .bfb's so you should be able to use it.

For information on using the old cura then check the first page of this post, there's a section for using cura there and information on what issues I had to get it to work. In the cura section look for the "UPDATE", that talks what you do with cube3_bfb_fix_V2 and cube-encoder.

The reason that cura ended up being a short side project was because it didn't slice files very nicely for the cube, it was have an insane amount of retractions so that a small cube that took 20 minutes to print with any other slicer, would take 50 minutes with cura, and look terrible. If I turned off retraction completely then it'd print in roughly the same time, but would have stringing between the lettering on the cube. A few of us spent a bit of time on it, but it was too frustrating to work with.

If you go ahead and try the new cura, there's no one that I know with a profile for it, so you'd be a bit on your own there. I don't have a cube3 anymore so I wouldn't be able to make a profile and do testing. Sorry.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, being dumb as a 3d printed rock, I just downloaded the current Cura - version 3.2.1 - and, as you said, it does produce a .bfb file. So I sliced a small .stl, added in some salt and prefix stuff and ran it on my Cube. Things started pretty well, it sort of heated, raised the pad... and then tried to jam the printhead out the right side of the case. Yikes. (Note to me: Must be more cautious in the future

I will pursue Cura for a while in spite of the fact that much brighter minds have already pushed it to the side.

To start, I would like to study some .cube3 files to see if I can make sense of them and learn to make Cura do the right thing.

I tried to decode xxx.cube3 using cube-decoder64.exe (created March 15 2017 ?) with less than stellar success. I.e.,

>cube-decoder64.exe xxx.cube3 xxx-desired-decoded-text-file.txt

It produced the text file but it looks much like an encrypted file of almost the exact size of the cube3 file.

I think I did something wrong, perhaps including a bad assumption about what cube-decoder is intended to do.
    Is it supposed to produce a text .bfb file?

Is it to be used a different way?

TIA for your suggestions. (And thanks for donating a ton of work to help us all out!)

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I drop the xxx.cube3 on the decoder for the .bfb, it is readable.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your trying to decode a .cube3 file that was made in cubeprint then check out this thread/program http://www.print3dforum.com/forumdisplay.php/31-Cube3

For Cura I'd suggest you install Cura 15.x and look at the profile I made and make changes to your profile in cura3 as a baseline.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    That link just takes us back to the Cube3 root, Mythandar.

I have something called "cube-decoder.exe" from a thread back in Sept'17.
    Drop the cubeprintapp (not Cubify?) generated .cube3 file on there an it makes a .bfb that is ASCII.
    It does leave a garbled bit of code on the bottom of the file after the last M107 command.

These BFB files can be used to reverse engineer a Cube3 file.
    It is seriously painful at best, but the numbers are there.

This bit is from between the remarks and the part bfb code... notice that the initialization routine is still present.

^Version:1549
    ^Time:160

M227 P450 S450 G450 F600
    M228 P0 S450
    M231 P0 S0
    M232 P5000 S5000
    M233 P1000
    M106 P100
    G4 P60
    M601 P3 S60 F5
    M542
    M240 X450