Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was my plan. But I had to get this cartridge working first to print it. I did this one in an interesting way. I only have fittings right now that have the larger threading, 9mm I think or something like that. So I was able to drill out the guide on the cart and thread a fitting there but they are too big for the nozzle housing. So what I did was drill out the 4mm OD/2mm ID tubing to allow the 2.7 OD tube in the nozzle to go inside it, then drilled a 4mm hole in the top of the nozzle housing and after everything is put together the 4mm tube is held tightly in place in the nozzle housing, but isn't squished. This way I didn't have to butcher the tube that comes in the nozzle, which is needed for the other nozzle mods (or 3mm OD tubing, but I don't have any)

Set the gap, the automatic gap setup a perfect gap. Did a test print, looked really good. Now I'm printing your depth guide.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here I've got fittings coming out my ears

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for thread resurrection....

In regards to using the second print head for PVA supports, maybe having the "Secondary" nozzle set to greater gap so it won't leave marks in the print surface created by the "Primary" nozzle? That perhaps if only printing PVA with it, the gap is wider on the nozzle w PVA in comparison to the nozzle with PLA?

Cheers

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha... it is merely the luck of the draw.

If nozzles don't bottom out in the heater blocks, it is sheer luck if you get two paired properly.
    If they do bottom out in the heater block and they are aligned, consider yourself very lucky.
    Nozzles need to be bottomed out in the heater block, and hopefully the head is properly aligned to the build plate.

I now match nozzles for pairing in printers. This makes for a lot better situation that stock cartridges offer.

It really was by sheer dumb luck that my Inf Rinse cartridge matched the nozzle I was using perfectly.

You will also notice that the push nut will move if you left the nozzle too long.
    As long as there is some spring pressure, it will seat properly in the heat block.
    I've even had some push nuts require "flattening" to get them to work right again.
    Like everything else, you can wear out the push nuts. They just loose their bite.

But there are two distinct nozzles. One is about 0.5mm longer than the other. These are easily sorted.
    And the longer ones are the exception rather than the rule.

Then again, how often do you print with dual filament? That too seems to minimize efforts.
    It took me months to finally pair two nozzles. I can count the number of dual color prints since then as less than a dozen.

5. Thanks zugok thanked for this post
    Likes zugok liked this post