Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    At one time there was a post with an exact replacement. The pin-out should be identical for the OEM as the 3DS version.

20200826_110535.jpg

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for getting back to me TommyDee. I really appreciate the picture. Unfortunately I can't find the pin out for this supply and I have a feeling it is not wired on the output correctly for the printer. I took a risk with getting the supply just b/c it had the correct connector. I will look for the model you showed and return this one back to Amazon.

If anyone has an OEM or correct replacement to spare I would be willing to acquire it. I'd love to get this thing running and modded.

Regards.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worst case you can always hardwire it to the breakout board. I've seen the pinout before. The manual maybe?

Du'h - schematic

20200827_095503.jpg
    Last edited by TommyDee; 08-27-2020 at 05:57 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TommyDee. From the model number you posted I was able to find a US electronics store online that has, supposedly, near 700 of these supplies and it was only $14.96 so I went with that. I am returning the other one to Amazon. I can't find the schematic for it, and I don't feel like cutting it up to rewire it correctly at the connector. Thanks for all your help and quick response.

My next goal is to get it running, once the supply is here, and then print some of the b2b mods before venturing into that Marlin conversion forum and such. Just taking nice little baby steps, but I love to tinker, so this should be fun. I am amazed at all the work already done elsewhere in this forum, and look forward to reading much of it.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I could help. Please link up the supplier, I could use a spare.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to the exact product where I ordered it from. They already shipped it, same day.

https://www.mpja.com/24-Volt-Adapter...info/32885+PS/

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Ordered. Nice they take PayPal.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    TommyDee,

Got mine in today. Only took about a week. Printer fired up immediately. Needs a little adjustments. I got the guide from the site, so I can get those adjustments made. Also really needs a good cleaning. The cartridge that came with it is a bit hacked up so I need to source a new one and see if that is also causing some issues.

Thanks again for all your help on sourcing a power supply.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like MPGA has saved a few printers in the last week or so. I received my PS yesterday and it worked fine. Thank you Smokingenius.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sure, its been working great. Thank you for providing the label with all the specs, it made it super easy to track down a retailer. Mine has been working great. I need to get it dialed in. The default test print that comes with it isn't coming out well. I only have the hacked up spool and nozzle that came with it.

With that said, I could really use some new cartridges to begin my conversion that aren't trashed. Going with a hybrid approach of B2B and some of the other hubs that are out there on Thingiverse.

Does anyone have any spare empties I could get from them?