Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT Idea...Any photos and more detailed instructions?

Hi TD, This sounds like a marvelous idea, but most of it went right over my head. Anyway you could illustrate what you are talking about would be most useful!!! One problem I continue to have is communicating with the Cube3. I will have a PLA cartridge on the right side and be all set to print, and the machine will say I need to still install a PLA cartridge!!! I move the cartridge from the right to the left and can then print. Why does that happen though? Isn't the Cube3 supposed to recognize a usable cartridge, whichever side it is on?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    One suggestion I had before was for a certain user class.

Do the hardwired chips. If you have only 1 printer and 2 PLA cartridges, and 2 ABS cartridges, you have what you need to make a permanent installation.

Just add 2 switches, double pole/double throw. The wires from the system go to the center of the switch, and the chips can be soldered directly to the outside terminals switch. Just keep the polarity straight. This would switch from PLA to NONE to ABS for each side.

Logical states:
    LA R-
    LA RA
    L- RA
    LP R-
    LP RP
    L- RP
    L- R-

Now you can put in any cart in any position, but only the switches determines loading.

I have 3 printers so this is not a smart move.
    But I would do this in a minute if we didn't have a reset tool coming soon.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a diagram somewhere of this arrangement I talk about with switches. Basically a logic tree. I'll see if I can find it again.

Right side should be the same as the left side in all instances. Best way to get to the bottom of it is to use the printer's front panel and see what it reports back as you install and remove cartridges. There is a mild possibility there is an old hack on the machine which can easily be overwritten with original firmware. Is the machine used when you obtained it or has anyone monkey'd with the firmware? There is a history of this but only in a very narrow instance.

- - - - - - - - - -

There it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an EKOCYCLE/CUBE printer for sale, flashed with stock Cube firmware so it accepts all types of original Cube cartridges. Has a nice white/red glow look to it. Runs perfectly, cosmetically good condition, no other modifications done. Will also come with 2 carts and a ReCube Light wand to allow you to use any generic filament after.

Comes with
    Printer (Less than 50 hours total print time on it), was new when bought
    Power supply
    2 extra stick on build surfaces (plus the one already on the printer)
    1 ABS Cartridge
    1 PLA Cartridge
    1 Recube Light Wand

Ships from California. Pictures available upon request. Please bid/make me an offer here, I will sell to the highest one.

4. Likes TommyDee, froggyfrog liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to buy one but it be after I get working sorry I blew my stimulus mostly on bills. I did use 300.00 to buy cube3, filament, recube and accessories. Best entertainment when you have to take easy. I can now dissemble and re assemble cart in like 15 mins provided I remember put filament through lid. I like 2nd printer so I print 2 things at once whahahaha. Okay I'm addicted.
    Thank you Michelle

6. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, anytime. I might have more for sale later...

Quote Originally Posted by froggyfrog View Post
    I want to buy one but it be after I get working sorry I blew my stimulus mostly on bills. I did use 300.00 to buy cube3, filament, recube and accessories. Best entertainment when you have to take easy. I can now dissemble and re assemble cart in like 15 mins provided I remember put filament through lid. I like 2nd printer so I print 2 things at once whahahaha. Okay I'm addicted.
    Thank you Michelle

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    One for PLA and one for ABS/PETG That way I never change nozzles or gap other than the 1kg-maintenance interval on B2B. I also don't risk poisoning a tip switching from a cool filament type to a hot one. I would first do maintenance on a nozzle that's run PLA for a while by removing as much as I could. Same with ABS. You don't want a bugger hanging up your flow. OCD? You decide. I have one failed nozzle from before this policy; none since 3 years on -

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy empty pla cartridges. I was dumb enough to strip both toothed gears (the part that meshes with the motor) on the cartridges I had. I was able to jam some stuff in there and it worked for a couple hours but was unreliable. I'll pay their worth and postage. Anyone have any or knows where I could find some?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few... gear assembly and case only, no nozzle. Does that work? How many would you like, I think I have 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by skullcrusher402 View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy empty pla cartridges. I was dumb enough to strip both toothed gears (the part that meshes with the motor) on the cartridges I had. I was able to jam some stuff in there and it worked for a couple hours but was unreliable. I'll pay their worth and postage. Anyone have any or knows where I could find some?
    - - - - - - - - - -

They are in pretty good condition btw, only the original spool has went through

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I am not quite sure what you need. Do you need the gear box assembly, or just the two cylindrical "gears" that go into the gear box? The gear boxes are also marked for PLA or ABS, does that matter to you? I can send you either for no charge as long as you are in the USA. Just let me know what you need. Regards, Rob

- - - - - - - - - -

Hi Pal,
    In order to send you the PLA gear I will need your name and address: what you sent was incomplete. Once I have it I will put the part in the mail on Monday. Have a nice weekend! Rob

12. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chaman View Post
    Thanks tommyDee for starting this post,,
    I need two nozzle
    PLA + ABS chip
    and original cube ptfe tube
    Europe area

Hi do you still need those item?

14. Likes TommyDee liked this post