Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I'm pretty new here and just getting my feet into everything with the Cube 3!

I was just wondering if there was anyone in the UK that happened to have any empty cartridges for sale at all? Managed to pick up a printer but the cartridge that came with it is busted. Would be a big help!

Cheers!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Raccy. All the best in finding a store of carts in the UK. Bulk eBay may be best bet even if shipped in. We have solutions here on the forum in case you missing some of the less crucial bits.

3. Thanks Raccy thanked for this post
    Likes Raccy liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there TommyDee! Thanks for the welcome - keeping a keen eye out on eBay, Gumtree and anywhere else right now too! It's been a great evening here exploring this forum and thinking about future mods! Can't wait!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If nothing else, I have a couple I can shoot over the pond. Okay, the pool! Old filament otherwise worthy sealed cartridges for a proper B2B rebuild. Shipping is always the killer. Not even sure where the UK VAT stands these days. I see even our USA stock is drying up.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you say "busted", can you provide pictures? Its possible that the cartridge is salvagable.

7. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddybu View Post
    When you say "busted", can you provide pictures? Its possible that the cartridge is salvagable.
    Hey hey!
    I've got no pictures at the moment, but I can take some for sure. When I was disassembling the head I noticed the ring shield which normally goes around the print head missing and no spring in there either. (also sorry for lack of better technical terms haha!)

I've seen that there are some models to print a replacement head in aluminium on Shapeways, but it's a costly 30 part and the missing spring makes it tough to know what to replace it with! If there are ways around it that'd be great, but wouldn't mind paying for a spare cart to use for replacement parts to start work on a B2B build

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have plastic ones that work perfectly. There are 2 styles. one using fittings and one fittingless. Go on over to Thingiverse and type in "Cube3" and alternatively "B2B".

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also need a few cube 3 filament cartridges lol, busted all the nozzles and have none left. If you have any spares, please let me know(empty or full).

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent William.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings Forums,

My name is Jon and I am a recent recipient of a Cube 3 printer from 3D Systems. Actually found this page through some YouTube videos and research I did after I got it. Short story, was at a friends yard sale after their ex moved out, they left it behind, and I got it for free. Looks like they attempted a half hearted and bad conversion job based on the earlier filament cartridge mods. No complaints, got it for free, but my friend did not have the power supply. I tore their garage apart for it, but to no avail in finding it. Looked like it was just using a standard 4 pin kyoced (believe that is correct) pin. I found a 24v 5A supply on Amazon no problem, and got it in today. The supply works but when I plug it into the printer nothing happens. Either the printer is borked, though it worked when my friends ex put it in the garage a few years back. I think it might be the supply is not wired correctly for the printer. Knowing what I know from research, I wouldn't be surprised if 3D systems made the connection proprietary too. I have attached some pictures of the supply I bought off Amazon. (Its not letting me upload so I linked from my Dropbox).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuetiun2of0x5th/20200825_220750.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e78kfsrgz66ino/20200825_220801.jpg?dl=0

I was wondering if anyone knew of the correct power supply I could source for the unit, or had an OEM replacement. Thanks in advance!

Regards.