Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    All true! They completely hosed several aspects of this design. And even with that, I have to say that Cube3 is a huge improvement over CubePro. You can almost feel the grasp of external hands in 3DS' business when they developed Cube3 and Ekocycle. Both M$ and CocaCola must have reamed them a new one in this development. Much of it is easily discernible when you put them side by side. My peeve is their complete insistence that their build surface was 'successful enough' to release. Even as a long time hold-off from Lokbuild, 3DS would have done well by adding someone's build surface. Even if they just considered PEI sheets. But no, they stuck to their guns and forced even less gap than they originally recommended. LokBuild, opening the source (limited), and bowden correction is what is keeping these machines alive. Manually warming the build plate before printing is also a huge help. And although I've threatened to buy something open sourced, I just cannot put that bullet through my head. That's how I ended up with the CubePro too

- - - - - - - - - -

CUBE3 B2B Universal cartridges are finally going on sale!

Last night I started rebuilding B2B cartridges.
    All the parts are new and the thin tube has been reconditioned.
    Hot-end housing, core, keepers, and spool-post nut are made of 3DS ABS; all other printed parts are 3DS PLA.

The B2B cartridges includes;

1 (one) Modified cartridge case cover - large hole for remote access, 2 holes to aide the 'pop-cart' removal tool (cartridge saver); hole and ABS nut for external spool post; and the 2 metal bits affixed to the case.
    4 (four) Bulkheads - 1 bulkhead installed that matches the current filament and 3 spares - ABS, PLA, PETG, and blank.
    1 (one) B2B bowden tube assembly 18" - 19" long, tested for 2mm ID.
    1 (one) Hot-end assembly. The nozzle is new. The 42mm length of tube is the one available virgin section of the reclaimed tube.
    1 (one) External spool post with 3D printed flange nut.
    Any salvaged 42mm and 99mm lengths of tubing; typically 1 each or better.

All the printed parts are available on Thingiverse along with several accessories.

Current offering and ready for shipment;

Up for sale: 1 ABS Red known to have been opened very recently; Aug '19.
    This ABS filament has a date of cartridge date of 03/03/2015 which is considered viable for ABS.
    This is the freshest in the lot of opened cartridges.

I'll take $50/+S/H for this B2B cartridge. Shipping will be USPS priority at $15/CONUS.
    To ship outside CONUS will require me to get an actual shipping quote to your location.

B2B_intro.PNG
    Last edited by TommyDee; 08-18-2019 at 05:06 PM.

2. Likes bolsoncerrado liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone do it. I can vouch for EVERYTHING Tommy does and it is nothing short of incredible. Been dealing with this fine chap for several years and you WONT be dissappointed. I would jump all over it but one he did for me should be here today!

4. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too can vouch for Tommy. the cartridge I received a couple of days ago looked professionally complete and the parts he ships with it are top notch!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news! I might get away w/ Priority mail at just a scrunch under 1lb. This means shipping under $10!
    Of course, that means no filament. Of course, that means minimizing packaging to bare bones.
    What it doesn't mean is less stuff and that means you still get all 4 bulkheads included

I'm going to try this. I am placing an empty spool in the cartridge case and all the bits are included inside as well.
    Your challenge is to open it to get to the bits - because if you can't do that, then you don't need this upgraded cartridge

That means I should be able to ship an empty cartridge ConUS Priority for $50 all in.
    This includes a new nozzle; chip - set to whatever you want; a new filament driver mechanism; an emptied internal spool; expedited USPS shipping; and the cartridge upgrade including a B2B Nozzle Assembly with your new nozzle installed, a B2B 18+" Bowden Assembly, and 4 B2B bulkheads; 1 each - blank, PETG, PLA & ABS. How cool is that?

I have some poly mailers ordered. I won't be able to ship until then, but I will take reserves. I'll double check the weight on the next mail run.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn it to hell tommy, quit! You are killing me! I need another cartridge/drive/nozzle like a hole in my head but this is tempting me, QUIT!!!

Someone please jump on them, you wont be disappointed. I must fight temptation and have will power.

8. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose I should put the ReCube Light Wand offer here too.

RECUBE LIGHT WAND: $25 +$5 S/H CONUS; +$15 S/H CANADA; or +$20 S/H INTERNATIONAL

I can save people $4.50 over eBay by purchasing the ReCube Wand here from the forum. That's a 15% discount... or 15% not going to eBay.

I can also do international from the forum but not eBay. The cost of shipping is too high to risk issues with customs.
    And interpreting eBay mailing addresses from some of you is a challenge to say the least.

The reason I will do this here is that international buyers can confirm the shipping details before they pay me.

recubeworking.PNG

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztoddman1 View Post
    damn it to hell tommy, quit! You are killing me! I need another cartridge/drive/nozzle like a hole in my head but this is tempting me, QUIT!!!

Someone please jump on them, you wont be disappointed. I must fight temptation and have will power.
    I might have to make you my beta site tester, Todd

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tested MANY of your stuff thus far and you hadn't led me astray yet! I'm usually the guinea pig for eating and this one wont make me fat!