Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got the TAN filament from Amazon (the link TommyDee gave) for like $35(plus 10 shipping) But then i grabbed a few of them to make the shipping worth it. Can not hurt to have the extra chips. And the filament prints fine.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie730 View Post
    <snip> ... And the filament prints fine.
    I gave my wife 2 spools of 3DS filament I thought was bad, both white and neon green that came with the printer.
    No matter what, this stuff just wouldn't print out of a stock cartridge regardless of what I did to the cartridge.
    I decided that this filament was simply bad. She stored it in the laundry room for about 6 months.

Once we got moving on all these improvements in the cartridges, I decided to test the filament again...
    Sure enough... nothing wrong with the filament. printed beautiful parts!

This is where I ate my words about every cartridge being salvageable.
    Turns out at least half of the cartridges I've dealt with have an over-mold problem where the inner tube is reduced in diameter.
    This causes "highly pumped" filament to flatten in the drivers and get stuck in the tube (before it even reaches the second barrel nut).
    Diamond patterns in larger areas are a great example of what I mean by "pumping" the filament.

Other than the returned filament which on face was not compatible, I've successfully run every filament I've purchased except two... Inland yellow ABS and 3D Solutech Gold ABS. I've had poor performance with Hatchbox, but that was apparently the nature of the material. It printed fine. Even my 3DS orange ABS is thin and has poor adhesion, it still prints fine and makes usable parts... just not very good parts.

In the end, I've decided that PLA is much more forgiving in every respect except stability. I have a couple of pieces testing PLA in outdoor temps and UV.
    My only new hope is that with the successes I'm seeing with the other 3D Solutech's ABS samples will loosen the grip on my developed PLA bias.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking to purchase empty ABS cartridge

4. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best price for a new one is still ~$50/usd. Available stock at this price is alarmingly limited!

Hey Forum Peeps! Someone has got a chip hacker running that can change a PLA to ABS for KHMM right?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know of a guy, met him on FB forum, says he has one and is a member here but my last attempt to reach must have fell through. will try again and try to get his screen name.

7. Likes TommyDee liked this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Best price for a new one is still ~$50/usd. Available stock at this price is alarmingly limited!

Hey Forum Peeps! Someone has got a chip hacker running that can change a PLA to ABS for KHMM right?
    I think I know someone who could do that... (wink, wink)

PM me.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also-

The 3d Systems web site still shows Cube 3 cartridges for $49 + $5 shipping (each). Lots of colors. Ekocycle carts for the same price.

https://www.3dsystems.com/shop/cartridges

9. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ready to Sell..Has been a blast building and hacking to perfection.. Anyone interested? Error free set up.

IMG_0313.JPGIMG_0320.JPGIMG_0321.JPG

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Location and price?

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^^That!

Also which hacks come "bundled" in the "perfection pack"?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the stocktubestuffedintothe4mmtubeatthenozzlesolution along with your KISS applied bulkhead.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have a free 100% ABS chip for CubeX or CubePro.

Ships free to USA address.

seal.PNG

This chip is associated to the noted cartridge.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 07-31-2018 at 06:11 PM.