Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! Can't wait to try it. So this routine is somehow recursive or a single replace all?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, just a select-and-delete using Regex.

Most of the steps are just to find the start of the binary blob . The Ctrl-Shift-End is the trick to select from there to end of file.

You can do it manually: just scroll down to the last command text line, place the cursor in front of the binary stuff, hit Ctrl-Shift-End and then Delete.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool. Yea, that will save me a lot of manual scrolling.

Okay, easy way to find the end of the g-code is:
    CTRL-ALT-I Incremental Search... enter M107 and hit back arrow.

not sure how you'd code it but you get to the end of the M107, do your trick CTRL-Shift-End and "delete".

I see now that replace all is an option. Not much documentation on Notepad++ is there!

- - - - - - - - - -

Today was pure printing ZEN!

Touched up the B2B models for more reliable ABS prints.
    Printed them all using the Ekocycle profile and printing 3DS ABS.
    All I can say is "What Blobs!"... and not a cooling tower in sight!
    ...on tape, whetted with a touch of diluted cube glue.

The notable difference in the print profiles, RPET v. ABS is that the Ekocycle profile is a lot calmer on the printer, and the print. A lot more patient, and therefore also slower. These small prints have slow layers due to short trace lengths. A 30 minute print takes around 45 minutes. If you see the quality of the lay of each layer, you'd understand the opening of this post. Specially if you are a Cube3 owner and that is all you own!

Mind you, my ABS profile works perfectly nicely with 3DS ABS as long as it is under 5 years old. The older stuff needs a different profile and Ekocycle RPET (PETG) does the trick. The ABS profiles tend to suffer heat-creep in the part causing snags and curls. Hense all the hurdles to remove the heat at each layer by adding purge towers.

I will add this note: the prints made from this old 3DS filament using the Ekocycle profile are weaker than the fresh ABS printed prints by maybe 15%. But it really handles overhangs and detailed shapes beautifully! Definitely a worthwhile trade-off. And new option!
    Last edited by TommyDee; 01-13-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think my two Cube 3's are possessed!

Up to last week, the decoration lights stayed on the whole time they were printing or purging or whatever.

Last weekend, while changing my LAN around, I accidentally allowed the router I use for my printers to connect to the Internet for a while. Normally, I keep them air-gapped.

Now, the lights stay off all the time, except briefly at the conclusion of a print job, they turn on for a few seconds, then fade off.

Question: Do these printers autonomously fetch some kind of updates whenever connected to the Internet??

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but this is not unusual. Both of my daily printers do this at some point. I go in an manually turn the lights back on in setup.
    It's the same as the pair of sequential M107's in the print files; because "they've seen odd behavior".

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooohhhh - never noticed that little light bulb icon
    Thanks - now I can see what's printing!!

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like