Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use Elmer's X-Treme stick glue. It usually lasts several prints and I use an alcohol wipe to rejuvenate it. This seems to be working fairly consistently. I am using LokBuild on my Cube as well and sometimes the parts with the stick glue stick very, very well, sometimes too well...

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, too stuck can actually be a problem with glue and Lokbuild

3. Likes buddybu, dndkeg liked this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post

...Adding a little steampunk to my Quby...

Attachment 1944

Still a little too much play in the feeder tube even with the stiffer outer tube.
    This should solve it.
    Standard 1/8" brass hobby tubing. This is trapped end to end. The driver was drilled out to 1/8".
    The fit is loose, just trapped in the cartridge when you add the outside cover.

- - - - - - - - - -

A little something for those that know how to make use of this...
    Is there any plastic tubing in that brass tubing and is there a tutorial on how to do this? (I'm in the process of converting my cartridges to print bulk filament and hit a snag when printing with ABS)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no plastic. I had wrapped and soldered 'wire' or a clip of something to take the place of the barrel nut onto the copper tube. I've done a few other versions, but that is the jest. You want to place the open end of the tube very close to the driver gear. That way it always starts into the tube rather than trying curl out of the way.

I have not yet found a 3rd party ABS that works well with Cube3. However, I have found that 3rd party ABS loves the Ekocycle slicer. With Buddy's most excellent file editor, this is a simple thing to do. Basically make an offline ekocycle print; export it; open in editor; and change to CUBE3 and and a material that matches your chip; save and import back into the CubePrint app; send to the printer as per usual.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no plastic. I had wrapped and soldered 'wire' or a clip of something to take the place of the barrel nut onto the copper tube. I've done a few other versions, but that is the jest. You want to place the open end of the tube very close to the driver gear. That way it always starts into the tube rather than trying curl out of the way.

I have not yet found a 3rd party ABS that works well with Cube3. However, I have found that 3rd party ABS loves the Ekocycle slicer. With Buddy's most excellent file editor, this is a simple thing to do. Basically make an offline ekocycle print; export it; open in editor; and change to CUBE3 and and a material that matches your chip; save and import back into the CubePrint app; send to the printer as per usual.
    The reason I'm wondering about this (I found it on the Universal Hub) is because the filament is resisting while printing and pushing the PTFE tube I have in place and basically renders what I am printing useless I'm wondering what to do to make the universal hub so I may not run into this problem solely on ABS

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I need to see your setup. My aim... the gospel... is to have a 2mm clear path all the way to the nozzle from the moment it clears the filament driver gear.
    But I don't recall seeing your filament delivery setup. That may be why I am not quite seeing that you are describing, dnd.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I need to see your setup. My aim... the gospel... is to have a 2mm clear path all the way to the nozzle from the moment it clears the filament driver gear.
    But I don't recall seeing your filament delivery setup. That may be why I am not quite seeing that you are describing, dnd.
    Here's a photo of what it looks like. From the filament gearbox to the plastic piece I salvaged from the cartridge I use a 2mm ID, 3mm OD PTFE Tubing which would reach to the start of the threaded push fitting. I then use a 3mm ID, 4mm OD PTFE Tubing from the first push fitting on the cartridge, to the push fitting on the nozzle. Inside the nozzle I salvage the old PTFE tubing from the old feeding system that the cartridge used initially to make sure the nozzle doesn't jam.

IMG_5963.jpg

Did I confuse you?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aha, you're missing the larger 'overtube' inside the cartridge shell.

overtube.PNG

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the 'overtube' from the original cartridge to cover the smaller PTFE tubing would stop the tube from being pushed out?
    Last edited by dndkeg; 09-19-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct! ...well, it keeps it in its place.

12. Thanks dndkeg thanked for this post