Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... That's a good question, and I can try it once I get my orange filament today. Gonna print some pumpkins for lighting decoration on my porch.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious as to why you would use this instead of printing straight from the bulk filament spool itself actually

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    You lost me DND... Use what?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think maybe he is talking about refilling a cube cartridge...

I meant to try thinning the stick glue, but here is some information. I am on my third pumpkin. I washed and cleaned after the first pumpkin, applied new glue to the LokBuild for the second, and did nothing for the third, just started printing and it is holding just fine.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. I tried glue sticks once and somehow just walked away from that solution.

Oh, and refilling carts is a good means for storage Something like "instant on" rather than having to place and thread the filament.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats all I use for PLA is the purple glue sticks. My printer is in the basement and with the humidity, I only have to apply once.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Interesting. I tried glue sticks once and somehow just walked away from that solution.

Oh, and refilling carts is a good means for storage Something like "instant on" rather than having to place and thread the filament.
    Unless the filament breaks in the cartridge, then it is an enormous PITA.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    buddybu was right on, my bad for not showing the quote of the post.
    I was replying on your rewinding tool that I saw to refill the cartridge spools, but looking at it I was wondering if it is worth the effort in respooling them instead of just having a way to feed the bulk filament directly.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buddybu View Post
    Unless the filament breaks in the cartridge, then it is an enormous PITA.
    Brittle Spool Protocol

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dndkeg View Post
    buddybu was right on, my bad for not showing the quote of the post.
    I was replying on your rewinding tool that I saw to refill the cartridge spools, but looking at it I was wondering if it is worth the effort in respooling them instead of just having a way to feed the bulk filament directly.
    I got the rewinding down. But yes, you break into the cartridge and move tubes out of the way and all such stuff. But the rewind is the easiest part, as long a the filament you wind is tolerant of being re-spooled. It literally takes a minute. But I do like having carts ready. Carts are very easy to manage without the umbilical cord. And they drop into Ziploc bags.

The other reason of course is to keep the bulk 1kg spool from being exposed to open air for the time it takes to print. And even longer if you leave it out. Now if you had a dry box feed system... hats off too you! Then indeed, there is no reason for a spool in the cartridge.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks TommyDee thanked for this post