Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the attached part may be useful then
    Attached Files Attached Files

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! That's the one.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the blue tape the generic blue painter's tape and does it work with both PLA and ABS?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure that others have more experience with this, but I have found that the blue tape worked just fine with both. In the case of ABS, I had to print sidewalks to keep it from lifting, and I also use a basic elmers glue stick on the tape to get better adhesion.

5. Thanks dndkeg thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum dndkeg! Indeed, the blue tape normally refers to it generically but yes, basic crape-style trim tape.

I have found differences between manufacturers however. Buddy's recommendation of using glue in addition normally levels the playing field.

There was also a discussion about using Gaffer's tape. I can see how the glue on Gaffer's tape could well be stronger than blue tape to help avoid ABS curling. Not typically a problem for PLA or only mildly so for PETG.

I was able to give up the tape to Lokbuild but not the glue.

This is a tape I highly recommend if you can find it:
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post40099

The whole post is worth reading if you have nothing better to do

7. Thanks dndkeg thanked for this post
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Welcome to the forum dndkeg! Indeed, the blue tape normally refers to it generically but yes, basic crape-style trim tape.

I have found differences between manufacturers however. Buddy's recommendation of using glue in addition normally levels the playing field.

There was also a discussion about using Gaffer's tape. I can see how the glue on Gaffer's tape could well be stronger than blue tape to help avoid ABS curling. Not typically a problem for PLA or only mildly so for PETG.

I was able to give up the tape to Lokbuild but not the glue.

This is a tape I highly recommend if you can find it:
    http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post40099

The whole post is worth reading if you have nothing better to do
    Thanks Tommy,

I recently joined this forum as I have been basically trying to bring back my Cube 3 from the dead in a sense. I have been looking in what I could do in terms of possibly looking into alternatives for my print bed on the Cube since 3D Systems have discontinued service for it. I have been thinking about getting Lokbuild and placing it on the print bed, but blue/gaffer's tape may be a cheaper and easier option to use in combination with some glue bought from the store/amazon.
    Last edited by dndkeg; 09-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had good luck with the borosilicate glass. Adhere 3/4" magnets to the bottom (from your original plate) and you have a new build plate.

10. Thanks dndkeg thanked for this post
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also use Lok Build ( thanks TD!) but also have buildtak, may want to look into that. I flip flop between the two, use stick glue and warm it up slightly to regain it tackiness and when the printer prompts to calibrate, swap beds and clean the old. Looking into the PEI surface now.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a spool of Overture PLA and they sent a build surface with it. I haven't tried it out as i don't have a second build surface, my build surface has LokBuild on it. I still find myself using a little stick glue, but with the right z-gap, it only takes a very little and then adhesion is very strong.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if stick-glue can be thinned with water like I do with CubeGlue.