Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of the function is removing the flex when adding the outer cover.
    That is why I half-shelled a couple of mine.

You know you can merge STL's, right?

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks great the bulkhead is nice design. I was going to mill one out off aluminum for its under great stress but these should work.
    Sun comes up on Wednesday.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    I prefer to leave the outer half off my cartridges. Can you think of a way to attach your new bulkheads without needing the outer to hold it in place? Perhaps a redesign of the stl? (If it's not too much trouble.)

Yep, Don, put your cover back on.
    The deflection at the lip of the case is too great and affects the actual pull-back from the nozzle.
    Otherwise, try the M5 tap mod in the driver. That will accomplish the same thing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thermo268 View Post
    This looks great the bulkhead is nice design. I was going to mill one out off aluminum for its under great stress but these should work.
    I've been running one for a few days now. Done a hot swap during a print. Learning why a oversized tube is a problem. But I am gearing up to do some serious conversion in a couple of weeks. I will stick with ABS for the bulkheads, though. Just tougher in the long run.

Also have around a kilometer of different 4mm OD 2mm ID tubing coming and a truckload of different fittings. Let's see what works best

- - - - - - - - - -

This is a picture of what bad filament will do on some occasions.

I've been printing these using a stock cartridge setup after rewinding it back into the stock cartridge.
    This Hatchbox filament aged quickly when removed from the package.
    All the rewound filament toward the center was what was on the outside of the source spool.
    This means the filament was under stress all these weeks. -That- was the cause of failure in this case.

Sometimes you see this pattern as on the left pawn and it only extends for a short distance.
    This pawn shed the back part of the base with little effort.

I rebuilt the entire cartridge including cleaning the tip completely.
    Reloaded some of the same filament from the spool without changing the diameter of the filament.
    Back to getting some really nice prints.

Moral of the story, there are simply too many things to go wrong with these machines.
    This is a seriously frustrating learning experience.

OOPS.PNG

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will never use Hactchbox ever. Did in the past and had a hell of a time with it. Changed settings changed hardwAre only to put old filament back in and it worked fine. This was on my rebuilt da vinci iwill not use it in the cube 3. I made the bulkheads out of PLA because i have used ABS to fix wife truck but keep breaking did it in PLA and been 2 years. I am sure it will degrade it being under the back of the suv.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    You know you can merge STL's, right?
    Merge what stl's?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thermo268 View Post
    I will never use Hactchbox ever. Did in the past and had a hell of a time with it. Changed settings changed hardwAre only to put old filament back in and it worked fine. This was on my rebuilt da vinci iwill not use it in the cube 3. I made the bulkheads out of PLA because i have used ABS to fix wife truck but keep breaking did it in PLA and been 2 years. I am sure it will degrade it being under the back of the suv.
    Now he tells me I'm still conflicted about the Hatchbox stuff. If cleans up supports very nicely... but that is only because the bond is much weaker. It must also require more heat that typical because it barely extrudes during purge. I think the purge temp is too low for several common filaments.

Someone with S3D could make us a solid .cube3 print file ... hint hint !!!

Don, I was teasing. I was suggesting merging other pieces to figure out how you want to stiffen the lip on the cartridge without the cover. You know, some stretching in meshmixer or something(?)

7. Likes nykr95 liked this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have a filament stretcher around here somewhere.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    i remeber those days messing with people at work telling them to go to the machine shop and get a bolt strecher or pipe. Too funny. lol

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the Army, we sent a guy to get a camouflage net lighting system. Camouflage net goes over your vehicle so the enemy can't spot it.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or E4 looking for a fallopian tube ML shop.

- - - - - - - - - -

Whats the difference between the cube 3 & the Ekocycle? They still support that one but it looks identical to the Cube 3. Even the manual is the same.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Ekocycle i the same damn printer just made out of recycled plastic thats it. So why the hell did they screw all the people who own Cube 3? Something stinks and i am not liking this crap if its just because going green crap. Something is night right here.