Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    There must be some sort of GCode for the printer to start "printing the .cube3 in printer's memory" somehow...

I sometimes send the file via wifi just to click the wrong button on the cube and having to start the transfer again but im pretty sure the file is still there in the cube memory... i was playing the other day with the gap leveler tool while sending a file over wifi and somehow it briefly interrupted the gapping process with the "level your bed before printing" advice just to go back to the gap routine, reset back to point 0. So Im pretty sure the file remains in a temp folder and a Gcode just starts the "seek any file in that folder and print it!" routine hmmm

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    There must be some sort of GCode for the printer to start "printing the .cube3 in printer's memory" somehow...

I sometimes send the file via wifi just to click the wrong button on the cube and having to start the transfer again but im pretty sure the file is still there in the cube memory... i was playing the other day with the gap leveler tool while sending a file over wifi and somehow it briefly interrupted the gapping process with the "level your bed before printing" advice just to go back to the gap routine, reset back to point 0. So Im pretty sure the file remains in a temp folder and a Gcode just starts the "seek any file in that folder and print it!" routine hmmm
    There is no special GCode for printing, Cube3 have special interface for communication with Cube Print (the same which is used for exchanging cartridge status info) and probably this interface is implemented in printer driver used by 3d Builder. Regarding sent files, they are stored on SD card, I have two dumps of my Cube's card, one is fresh one before installation and second after some usage. In second case they were also *.cube3 files on SD card already printed by me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's the point.... .cube3 files are there....and the SD gets eventually full?

@TommyDee perhaps your cart-full printer has a full SD?

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've only seen 1 .cube3 file on the SD.
    The SD has to use a round-robin (endless loop) routine so there is always room.
    It has nothing to do with g-code.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 10-16-2017 at 05:03 PM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TommyDee yep seems you are right. Yesterday I teardown again my Cube because I was not able to remove nozzle from head and checked SD card again. Surprisedly there were no any .cube3 file. There were 2 differences between both SD card checks.

1. Since previouse SD dump I have only printed directly from USB pendrive
    2. Previouse dump were done with older firmware

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the issue of not being able to remove the nozzle from the head but if you heat to ABS temp and with a lighter quickly heat the tip from downisde you should be able to remove it...

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is the buildup of filament around the edges of the nozzle that holds the nozzle in the print-head.
    I start the test print (or any print for the right side) and cancel when it does the Hershey routine.
    Then I pull the nozzle. Never had it fight me doing it this way.

Yes, there are 2 .BIN files that seem to be unique for all machines.
    One should be the unique serial number, the second is a mystery.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    cfg.bin contain as you already described, serial number and MAC address. This file is encrypted with Blowfish, password is: 7n3&3n@W78nw4m#5
    Serial number is written in 8 first bytes of file. Next 8 are MAC address.