Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try this link:

http://blowfish-compat.online-domain-tools.com/

Use settings like in this picture:

Blowfish.JPG

Data inside are only as example. Copy data from your cfg.bin as hex i.e. using HxD and put to Input text. After decryption data are written in reverse form, so lets try to read serial number (first 8 bytes) - then 8th byte is first one, 7th is second and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTee View Post
    @tomuro -
    Could you describe how I might decrypt my cfg.bin file to obtain the serial number, please? TIA...

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that, @tomuro.

When I follow your procedure using the contents of my cfg.bin file, I get this: (NOTE: This is an Ekocycle Cube, not a Cube 3!)

cfg.bin decrypt image.JPG

That doesn't seem to translate to something looking like a serial number! Is it because I need a different password for Ekocycle? Or did I do something wrong?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    So first 8 bytes is your serial number 36945272d687, next 8 bytes are wrongly decrypted because you put 15 bytes from cfg.bin not 16, probably you wrongly copied data.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTee View Post
    Thanks for that, @tomuro.

When I follow your procedure using the contents of my cfg.bin file, I get this: (NOTE: This is an Ekocycle Cube, not a Cube 3!)

cfg.bin decrypt image.JPG

That doesn't seem to translate to something looking like a serial number! Is it because I need a different password for Ekocycle? Or did I do something wrong?
    - - - - - - - - - -

This value is written in hex so decimal it is 60010666317447.

Quote Originally Posted by tomuro View Post
    So first 8 bytes is your serial number 36945272d687, next 8 bytes are wrongly decrypted because you put 15 bytes from cfg.bin not 16, probably you wrongly copied data.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ tomuro
    Got it!
    Thank you for taking time to explain!

BTW, can I still obtain your device to rewrite cartridge chips, or else access the design info?

And, is it possible to rewrite the chips in a way to convert Ekocycle cartridges to Cube3 cartridges??

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ JohnTee

Yes you can mount my device as it is described in blog and you will have possibility to reset used amount in memory cartridge.

With pro version of ReCube you can change color and material of cartridge and this way change it from Ekocycle to Cube3.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then the real question comes in...

Can an EkoCycle machine be changed to a Cube 3 by simply changing the 2 bin files... say use a serial number from any Cube 3 and the MAC address from the currently installed communications controller and recompile? Just trying to figure out if a conversion from EkoCycle to Cube3 is simpler than trying to mimic the improvements to the EkoCycle.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Convert Ekocycle to Cube 3

Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    Then the real question comes in...

Can an EkoCycle machine be changed to a Cube 3 by simply changing the 2 bin files... say use a serial number from any Cube 3 and the MAC address from the currently installed communications controller and recompile? Just trying to figure out if a conversion from EkoCycle to Cube3 is simpler than trying to mimic the improvements to the EkoCycle.
    I doubt just changing the files on the SD card will do it.

But it is dead simple to change from Eko to Cube3, as I described in the post above.

Here's how I did it:
    1) Formatted 2Gbyte USB A as Fat32. Copied the Eko firmware file to it (ekocycle V1.05.ar).
    2) Formatted 4Gbyte USB B as Fat32. Copied the Cube3 firmware file to it (cube V1.14B.ar), THEN RENAMED the file to ekocycle V1.05.ar
    3) Started the Firmware update procedure on the Eko, using USB A.
    4) When the firmware was about 5% copied, I pulled USB A out of the slot - the Eko said there's a problem
    6) Plugged USB B into the Eko USB slot, and told it to continue the firmware update. It takes about 15 minutes to load.
    7) When it finished, it says "push the button to restart", which I did.
    8) After about 20 seconds, the screen came on showing "Cube 1.14B", then in a couple of seconds went to the Print/Setup menu.

After the conversion, the Cube's name, serial number and Wifi connection were the same as it was before. BTW, I keep my Cube off the Internet, by using a separate wifi router to connect with my laptop.

It performs better as a Cube in some ways, BUT it will not accept Ekocycle cartridges.

Make sure you have a Cube cartridge on hand!

[NB: Should this conversation move to a new thread?? If so, can a Moderator make that happen?? Thanks!]
    Last edited by JohnTee; 03-11-2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: ask about new thread

8. Likes Kiza liked this post
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The subject certainly deserves a thread. That is excellent information!

And yes, of course, I know at least one bin file would need to change to match up the MAC address.
    But since you can just upgrade the FW to solve it, excellent!
    This also means Tomuro's pro version chip restoring tool can upgrade the cartridge chips from EkoCycle to Cube3.
    I wonder if the new printer challenge-response code is affected in any way.

Get where I'm going
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-12-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ TommyDee
    I guess I will try starting an "Ekocycle" thread.

Apparently the cfg.bin file stays put, since the serial # stayed the same. I presume the MAC didn't change, although I haven't verified. It stayed connected to Wifi.

I don't follow you about the challenge-response code. Does that refer to the 3ds 'activation' code, and the fact that the printers seem to like to call home to 3ds? If so, that is why I don't let mine talk to the Internet!

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAC addresses are unique machine identifiers... they don't change. That is why they make good serial number parsing tools.

Yes, I was just thinking if the 3D Systems web site would have an issue responding to a machine if it was reset to "new".
    Nothing we have to worry about unless we dig into the code again.

Looking forward to your thread on this subject.