Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by northwoodsguy View Post
    Just ordered a CR-10S which will be here on Thursday. This is my first 3d Printer, so I am not sure what tips or help I will need. I did order LOKBUILD, as I read on some boards that this will help with adhesion during the printing. Any help? Anything I need to do, check, or verify? Thanks..
    Get

The only thing i did was get purple glue stick and level the bed. I have run through 4 kilos of filament without a problem.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    product_thumb.jpg500pcs-lot-Universal-US-TO-font-b-EU-b-font-AC-Power-font-b-Plug-b.jpg

Hi

Revived my CR10 a week ago, but still having trouble getting it together.

Has anyone here in the UK received their printer with foreign power leads. (Not UK style).

When the printer arrived it had 2 leads, one had 2 pin plug and the other one was a very strange 3 pin plug but definitely not for the UK.
    Last edited by Fabian; 10-12-2017 at 09:42 PM.

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The strange one is NEMA 5-15. This is a USA plug.

The two prong version is somewhat EU universal.
    it is also an adapter for the NEMA 5-15.

Rarely do manufacturers provide other options.
    Typically, if you have a different standard in your country, you can buy any IEC320-C13 (that is the "the business end") cord that is appropriate for your country.
    Optionally, there are many universal adapters out there. That will allow you to plug in different power cords into the adapter.
    The universal adapter you want is the one that will properly mate to your wall sockets.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 10-13-2017 at 02:32 AM.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TommyDee for replying

It turns out I had an old flat screen monitor that I bought from a car boot sale in my garage with a plug exactly the same as the one on the back of the control box. So it all turned out OK.

Thanks again.

Fabian.