Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually found out the fittings i got from amazon are great as they have a small recess inside them that stops the fitting of the stock tubing of the cube and make it not move, plus the fact its now trouble free to slide filament inside the nozzle... but i find out i may have eaten too much plastic inside the gray area...

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fill it with epoxy or better yet, silicon rubber... it won't stick to Teflon... nothing sticks to Teflon!!!

3. Thanks bolsoncerrado thanked for this post
    Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update on the 3D printed print head.

I was getting pretty close and found a problem. Turns out the barrel nut is necessary. It holds the teflon tube firmly in the hot end. Without it, there is too much play in it and it can pull out of the tip too easily. When this happens, the filament melts up higher in the tube and causes it to clog. I know Tom mentioned this before. This might also explain the problem Bo just had (see Bo's previous post). I'm putting the barrel nut back in and hopefully it won't take me too much longer to finish. Otherwise it is going quite well.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    Update on the 3D printed print head.

I was getting pretty close and found a problem. Turns out the barrel nut is necessary. It holds the teflon tube firmly in the hot end. Without it, there is too much play in it and it can pull out of the tip too easily. When this happens, the filament melts up higher in the tube and causes it to clog. I know Tom mentioned this before. This might also explain the problem Bo just had (see Bo's previous post). I'm putting the barrel nut back in and hopefully it won't take me too much longer to finish. Otherwise it is going quite well.
    I don't know if this is an option, but what if you made barbs that will prevent the teflon tube from moving upwards. They may have to be too small for it to work well.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythandar View Post
    I don't know if this is an option, but what if you made barbs that will prevent the teflon tube from moving upwards. They may have to be too small for it to work well.
    Yeah, they would be too small. I actually tried the same thing on a tube joiner a long time ago. Couldn't make the barbs small enough or pointy enough. Good idea though.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use barrel nuts on any of the 4 hot-ends I am running now.

The one I did, although hobbled, was the only failure.

The whole idea is a nice easy clean pull of the filament while hot!
    I get no color bleed on resume!
    If there is a gap between the tube and EITHER end, you didn't cut the tube to the right length.
    The success depends on how well you mod the plastics. Mine holds the tube in place, no questions asked.

Use the nut at your own discretion, it has all the same problems of the stock carts on the hot end.
    It hobbles the performance available to us. So don't put words in my mouth, Don.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    It hobbles the performance available to us. So don't put words in my mouth, Don.
    I make sure the tube is bottomed out in the nozzle.
    This keeps a bulb of material from forming between the nozzle and the tube.
    From here: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post39731

This is what I was referring to. I'm not putting words in your mouth. Do you always have to be so confrontational??

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, relax FAMILY! We are all on the same side!! C'mon!

I definetly keep having different clog or hotend issues, so Im anxiously awaiting on your progress Don.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDon View Post
    From here: http://www.print3dforum.com/showthre...ll=1#post39731

This is what I was referring to. I'm not putting words in your mouth. Do you always have to be so confrontational??
    I don't know what you are referring too, Don. I know you need a leave a small gap -only- to account for the deflection of the spring.

What I take offense with is using my name on a statement that completely undermines what we've trying to achieve.
    The list of issues that the nut creates is significant!

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I take offense with is using my name on a statement that completely undermines what we've trying to achieve.
    The list of issues that the nut creates is significant!
    What I was referring to has nothing to do with the nut. I was talking about needing to make sure the tube is bottomed out in the nozzle. I was simply trying to give you credit for pointing this out in the first place.

I will leave your name out of ALL of my future comments, even when it means not giving you credit for finding something first. I wouldn't want you to get offended for me trying to be nice.

This is supposed to be an open source community where people work together and play nice. But you seem to take offense to most of what I say and I have no idea why. I've held my tongue for a long time now to keep the peace but I'm getting tired of it.