Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be special, M. I cannot find it on mine and it is up to date all the time.

- - - - - - - - - -

Learned something interesting yesterday...

After adding all the filaBoat parts into 3D Builder, it output a file with the extension ".MODEL".
    The .3MF file is a zip file so I wanted to know what this was.
    Turns out the .MODEL extension is a XML file with a line for every triangle.

What was cool is that when I reloaded the .3mf file, it provided the option to export as .STL and OBJ.

I haven't noticed that before.

This means we can use 3DB's to make build prints and have a ready-to-print .STL based on our build plate.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    This means we can use 3DB's to make build prints and have a ready-to-print .STL based on our build plate.
    If you are talking about what I think you are, you can do the same with Meshmixer. That's how I prepare all my STL's to print. The ones I post on here are already layed out and oriented the way they need to be printed.

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeshMixer is a little less friendly about it, but I can see that working too.

I need to compare the mesh density on the exports.

MeshMixer's display is fairly course, but I don't know if they use the original mesh or a re-meshed "optimization".

That is what I want to compare for the 3DB output version too.

One thing the new MM release did is generate some kind of floor that 3DB has to remove.
    This is making MM exports a lot less friendly for me.

Expert 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDee View Post
    One thing the new MM release did is generate some kind of floor that 3DB has to remove.
    This is making MM exports a lot less friendly for me.
    Floor?? ....

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when I import a newly created STL from MM, it comes in with a transparent pink rectangle.
    3DB complains and goes off to fix it for about a minute.

Just tired MM for placing. Ouch!

Too many ways for me to mess up a plate of parts. 3DB can't do much, so it can't do much accidentally either.

I like MM for supports... and I miss the old version already. This version is not tablet friendly!

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use an MM old enough to handle 3MF and supports are basically the same...

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    when i connect my cube in windows10, there no happen anything, cube printer successfull instaled, i try print sdk, but still stuck. when using 3d builder, just say fail to load 3d printer capabilities,
    i try to use com3 and other, still no happen,

someone can help me?

thanks a lot

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The driver gets confused. It is not a simple printer so it has to have its unique name and registered in the registry as only being available when the printer is plugged in.
    I tried to edit the printer and somehow it created a second instance. This one I had to rename and then run the SDK again. I've done that several times until it took.

I use the USB on the computer and the USB-(whatever) on the right side of the Cube.
    When the printer is recognized, it allows printing to it. Otherwise it just puts out a junk RAW file.

You say you installed the printer and then ran the SDK? That could have created the confusion mine was having. If you see the printer in your printer folder, don't delete it, just rename it. I think junk lingers in the registry that causes access problems. You shouldn't see the cube printer in "my printers" as installed by the SDK.

At least, that's been my experience. It works but not as robust as we are use to for other printers. This one has some hooks to keep it form being "generic".

Prematurely quitting the print driver will also cause problems. Best solution is to have the Cube display the "maintenance message" which sends a "completed" signal to the print spooler once the file is uploaded to the printer.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks TommyDee, still stuck now, cannot detect printer on windows 10, i try several cable, still the same

3D Printer God(dess)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delete the printer in windows 10; run the SDK; connect the printer; start 3DB; open an object; run the print dialog...

In that order got me back up and running.