Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Printing issues

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Printing issues

Any ideas what causes the "echoes" of the shape to the side of the shape, in this instance a round indentation. I seem to have it happening on all my prints. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others. I was thinking it might be X or Y axis belt tension.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DLWard View Post
    Any ideas what causes the "echoes" of the shape to the side of the shape, in this instance a round indentation. I seem to have it happening on all my prints. Sometimes it's more noticeable than others. I was thinking it might be X or Y axis belt tension.
    I tightened both the X and Y axis belts and the frequency of the vibration may have changed slightly, it's hard to tell at the moment as it's still printing. It looks as though its only on the front side of the print. I'll have to wait until this print is complete and take a hard look at it noting which direction is X and which is Y before I remove it from the bed. Apart from that the quality seems very good. I think I mentioned previously that the extruder was misaligned from the factory but once I made it completely vertical to the bed it prints fine. Print quality suffered greatly until I did the adjustment.

- - - - - - - - - -

Anybody tried printing ABS on the CR-10 yet? Having a difficult time getting the bed up to 100° even with an enclosure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3D Printer Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWard View Post
    ........ Anybody tried printing ABS on the CR-10 yet? Having a difficult time getting the bed up to 100° even with an enclosure.
    Try putting a cork tile under the bed it should help but not sure by how much.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the beds normally have some type of insulation under them? This is my first printer so I'm not an expert by any means. I have heard tell this power supply is somewhat underpowered, could that contribute to the difficulty getting up to proper ABS temperature? It seems to struggle just getting up to 90°C much less the recommended 100° or higher...

Im also wondering why the bed seems to heat so slowly when printing from S3D. It just creeps along and printing won't start until the temps are up and stable (the preferred condition).
    Last edited by DLWard; 04-14-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did place cork below mine and taped everything tight with 3M2859...so far not impressed with the results (only gained 30 seconds of bed heat time) but havent tried above 60 yet...

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've printed (somewhat successfully) Polypro-PC with the the bed holding easily at 80 and I've seen it up to 90 when printing (not so successfully) ABS. My printer is located in my basement and the room is not very warm which I suspect is part of the problem. I looked around for a cork tile at Lowe's yesterday with no luck so I'm still searching. Having no luck with 3M 2859 even at Amazon (who seems to have just about everything), where did you find it? I'm just about to the point of constructing my enclosure to (hopefully) aid printing difficult materials. I cobbled together a temporary enclosure when I tried ABS printing but it warped and cracked although ti didn't warp as bad as the PolyPro.