Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    so when you installed your titan +e3d v6 on your printer, did you have to change the z endstop? It looks like the nozzle hangs much lower on those setups. trying to get a feel for what all I am going to have to change to convert things. Your fan duct I assume is also custom, is there a stl file on it? Also, on the hotend 12v or 24v? I am assuming 12v, but perhaps I should not assume much with these printers.
    Last edited by StridAst; 05-10-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I went to the standard adjustable Z mod available here and on thingiverse, best mod after the E3D one lol

And yes, fan mod is also custom.

12v and it works just fine.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    the more I'm reading, the more I'm leaning back towards my initial idea of the titan aero. It might require designing my own mounting system, perhaps even casting such a mount in aluminum, but one thing the short distance from the extruder to the nozzle is supposed to help with is oozing. Which is my main problem when printing with filaments designed for investment casting. So I might end up attempting to make that work. Still swinging back and forth between the regular titan and e3d v6, and the titan aero. the former = the ability to have people talk me through things if I really need help, the latter = more risk, with possible but uncertain benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep aero is too recent imho... id go aero if you want to max out the height of your prints, not the quality. Both deliver same quality.

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a 3d modell for this? I am considering to make the upgrade on mine old printer.

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided I'm going to experiment with the titan aero after all. If I have too much trouble fitting it to my RL200, I'll simply put it on my Wanhao i3. going to have to design my own adapter for this I figure, but I'll probably set up something that I can print, then cast in aluminum for max rigidity on this.