Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like

Best suggestion to start over with a rapide lite 200?

Ok, my rapide lite 200 has been collecting dust almost since it arrived. I had so many problems with getting it functioning (mostly filament feeding issues) that I simply gave up. I have been successfully using a wanhao duplicator I3 since. Thing is, I have a backlog of things I would like to print with the higher layer resolution of the RL 200, so I'm planning on dragging it out of storage and trying to use it again. IIRC I reversed the extruder hob and have the modified extruder plate printed and installed, and while that helped, it didnt fix the feeding problems. Should I just try to retrofit a new extruder on it? or is there any point to trying to troubleshoot until I get this extruder functioning? Would it be better to just rip out the board, and extruder both, and trying to turn it into just a standard i3 now, before more links go dead. (even all setup instructions for the RL 200 seem to be dead links already) if so, what boards/extruders should I be best considering? I still need the .05mm layer capability. its the only reason I am trying to un-mothball this overpriced poor quality POS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Titan+E3DV6 best thing I did to my rapide

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah ok so titan extruder and e3dv6 hotend. worth trying to swap out the board? or is that only "if needed" kind of thing?

how did you attach it?
    Last edited by StridAst; 05-04-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like RUMBAs, and Rapide is a clone of the RUMBA so as long as it works I wouldnt touch it.

Someone posted an adapter here or in the e3d thread.

I have my own but since I had to pay for it, I cant share the files. I can send you a printed one though....

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would gladly take a printed one if you don't mind. let me know how much you would like for it, and the paypall (I assume) address

Post Thanks / Like
    EMail me at gmail. Im alextc there

Ty!

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is the extruder/hotend I am considering https://www.matterhackers.com/store/...kNgaAi7h8P8HAQ It's a shame that this printer needs an entire new extruder assembly just to function worth a damn but meh. it is what it is.

essentially titan aero and e3d v6 combined

Post Thanks / Like
    I didnt try the aero yet bc it may end with the hotend too high and not even getting close to the heatbed at its lowest position....

Regular 3D Printer
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm fair enough, so if I go the aero route, I would need to design some kind of custom bracket to lower it, which probably wouldn't help my print quality as that adds more flexibility in the mount =/ I was thinking less weight = milder jerking which in turn would help my prints. I'm trying to get some prints worth casting at my work (jeweler) So then, what's the difference between a bowden e3d v6 and a direct? just a longer filament tube between the extruder and the hotend right?

Post Thanks / Like
    bowden you have "less" control over the filament and its less flex filament friendly...
    but there are great pro printers using bowden so...