Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bed Clicking

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Bed Clicking

Hi All,

I am having this issue where my Y-axis homes fine but when moving in the positive direction, at some positions, it starts clicking and doesn't move.

On the affected positions, I tired to move in steps of 1mm. 1st step, I can hear the stepper motor sound, bed doesn't move. 2nd step, I can hear a click and bed doesn't move.

Is this a case of a lose belt issue? How do I tighten the belt on the Y-axis?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Penguin; 05-10-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typo error

Post Thanks / Like
    You probably need to unassemble the bed, turn it upside down, loosen the screws that keep the belt fastened, cut a couple teeth on the beld and reassemble.

BTW did you move the bed manually to see if the clicks come from the spring hitting the front or back part of the belt path?

3D Printer Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bolsoncerrado View Post
    You probably need to unassemble the bed, turn it upside down, loosen the screws that keep the belt fastened, cut a couple teeth on the beld and reassemble.

BTW did you move the bed manually to see if the clicks come from the spring hitting the front or back part of the belt path?
    By manually, I assume you mean by hand? In that case, it doesn't click. But it feels kind of stiff (from memory, printer has been sitting untouched for about a year).

Maybe I should add this observation. During the 1st step where I can hear the stepper motor moving (but no click), the spring seems stretched. It seems like the lower half of the belt is not transferring the tension to the upper half of the belt. And when the 2nd step is made, I assume the motor slips against the belt teeth, making the click, and the spring seems to return.

If i give it a gentle push and command it to move, it moves normally. Weird thing is the clicking issue only happens in 1 direction.
    Last edited by Penguin; 05-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.